RadioCaster Metadata Text Replacement (Product Development Suggestion)

DJSTU

I am a current user of RadioCaster.
What I would like to see is a Text Replacement facility added into RadioCaster in order to turn nonsensical stuff into something that does make sense to end users.
For instance, in joining a stream the partial IP address shows up and is placed into CurrentSong.txt :
This metadata means nothing to the end user and its also not a full IP address, the last 3 numbers are missing, so it ends up just a bunch of useless numbers.
However if RC had a text replacement to take this and turn it into "We join Bill Bloggs with his latest NEWS UPDATES" how much better things would be.
Winamp used to have such a plugin which was called (I think from memory) Sqr Soft and would enable this. I cannot find that plugin without a major hunt for it on my 15 computers.
So instead I'm attaching a copy of my Text replacement section from my Magic RDS software, which does exactly the same thing I am asking for but feeds it out instead to the RDS unit as the "current song playing".

Attachments

• RadioCaster Metadata Text Replacing 09Apr2018.jpg
    RadioCaster Metadata Text Replacing 09Apr2018.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 369
Thank you for the suggestion, we'll consider adding this feature in one of the future updates.

Back