Segue Editor in Production Mode

dashford

We use the Segue Editor a lot, including as a production tool (hosts create playlists with segues off-air for future use).  The problem is, the segue data isn't being saved in the playlist because RB is not playing a song while the segues are being created.  Is it possible to have the Segue Editor data saved in this situation?

[I realize that a workaround would be to play a (silent) timed pause while the segues are built, but that's a little kludgy.]

a question, how I can delete crossfader points created in a song?
can be configured to desaparescan points after the first generation.
because we have problems when playing songs that overlap, or do not start from the beginning, because the funds used earlier as vocal tracks.

dashford
By default the parameters are preserved until you close RB. You may try using the "Save parameters for current playlist only" option in the Segue Editor so it'll save the crossfading parameters in the Tags of tracks.

Leandrofiorenza
You can use Track Tool to do that. Open it and uncheck the parameters you don't want to use.

djsoft said:
dashford
By default the parameters are preserved until you close RB. You may try using the "Save parameters for current playlist only" option in the Segue Editor so it'll save the crossfading parameters in the Tags of tracks.
The "Save parameters..." option doesn't seem to be working for us unless RB is playing a track at the same time, but I will investigate further.

It works no matter if RB is playing something or not... I've just checked it and parameters are saved in both modes of this option (on and off). If you still have problems with it, please give more information. Also try updating to the latest version.

has introduced a new error:
when using crossfader editor 3 in a voice not keep track exit points of the first track, so the voice track is played back without background music

Leandrofiorenza said:
has introduced a new error:
when using crossfader editor 3 in a voice not keep track exit points of the first track, so the voice track is played back without background music
When voice track (a track marked in italics in the playlist) is played, some of the mixing parameters are ignored, instead, Outro and Intro information is used.

hello, well in this respect, it is an error, please look at the picture.

I have a request: fade in and fade out separately for the microphone

I found some errors:
1 - a flap playback music where there was a list of songs that were not present on the disk, so the program said the error "enable to play ..." After this change I try to play lapel another list (this time with songs that were on the disc), but began to play two songs simultaneously.
to clarify when I say "Flaps", I mean the playlists, web browser, etc..
2 - 4 GB drag files from a DVD to a list radio boss, but it took more than 10 minutes and I can not import anything, even had high disk activity while this matter, but although emitted music radioboss "not respond "and when I finish the track was silent execution.
finished making the cd, which made the mistake of RB throw "No disk in drive", and providing to cancel, retry, and omirir, but click any of the items came out again the same error.
I ended up restarting radioboss from administardor task.

Attachments

• error Sigue editor.png
    error Sigue editor.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 524
  • fade in & out Mic.png
    fade in & out Mic.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 531
Leandrofiorenza said:
hello, well in this respect, it is an error, please look at the picture.
Well, probably... It's a question of priorities: Intro/Outro or what is set via Segue Editor. Maybe you're right and Segue Editor, if was used, should take precedence... I'm not sure yet.

Leandrofiorenza said:
finished making the cd, which made the mistake of RB throw "No disk in drive", and providing to cancel, retry, and omirir, but click any of the items came out again the same error.
This message is thrown by Windows Shell... I don't think RB can really do something about it.

Regarding other errors, thank you for reporting, this will be checked.

djsoft said:
It works no matter if RB is playing something or not... I've just checked it and parameters are saved in both modes of this option (on and off). If you still have problems with it, please give more information. Also try updating to the latest version.
Just uninstalled and reinstalled RB 4.7.7.0 -- problem still exists.  Here are the steps we took:

1. Start with empty RB playlist.
2. Add two songs.
3. Right-click first song and choose Segue Editor.  Songs are adjacent with no overlap.  "Save for current playlist only" is checked.
4. Drag second song to the left so there are several seconds of overlap.
5. Click OK to exit Segue Editor.
6. Choose File > Save As and save the playlist.
7. Delete songs from playlist.
8. Choose File > Open and open the playlist just saved.
9. Right-click first song and choose Segue Editor.  Songs are once again adjacent with no overlap -- segue was not saved.

Is it possible we have an old version of the Segue Editor, even though we running the current version of RB?  Our Editor has the label "Crossfade Editor [beta]" along the top.

Thanks very much.

You should uncheck the Save for current playlist only option, so the settings will be preserved after playlist reload. This is how the older versions of Segue Editor operated.

Ah, OK.  I'm not sure the wording of that option is clear -- maybe For current use of playlist only would make it clearer that if the box is checked, the segue parameters will not be saved.

Your answer implies that there is a newer version of the Segue Editor -- is that part of the production release or still in development?

A terminology problem here... Playlist means the "playlist window in RadioBOSS" and at the same time it means the "playlist file".
Maybe a better wording would be "Use for current session only"?

There's a user manual page on segue editor, which explains this option: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/segue_editor.htm

djsoft said:
Maybe a better wording would be "Use for current session only"?
It would be great if you could implement this, as there's still a lot of confusion among radio hosts here.  Thanks.

dashford said:
It would be great if you could implement this, as there's still a lot of confusion among radio hosts here.  Thanks.
OK, it's in the queue - I think it will be renamed. Still not sure what's the best wording for it should be...

djsoft said:
OK, it's in the queue - I think it will be renamed. Still not sure what's the best wording for it should be...
I think your suggestion ("Use for current session only") makes a clear distinction between a segue to be used in the actively-running playlist and a segue to be saved in the track info.

Back