• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS Cloud Feature Suggestions  (Read 3021 times)

RadioKube

RadioBOSS Cloud Feature Suggestions
« on: May 24, 2019, 12:17:05 PM »
Hi,

I'm running a number of stations on RadioBOSS Cloud now, but would like to see some additional features...

Integrated DSP: equalizer, compression
Individual Cue Points for Tracks (Including Intro's and Outro's to allow sweeping)
Voice Tracking

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
Re: RadioBOSS Cloud Feature Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 03:58:58 AM »
Integrated DSP: equalizer, compression
We currently work on this and both EQ and Compressor should be added in the next update, within couple of days.

Individual Cue Points for Tracks (Including Intro's and Outro's to allow sweeping)
Voice Tracking
Those features will be in the future, but they are not immediately planned, so currently I can't say when.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 04:01:25 AM by djsoft »
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

Taylor

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:57:45 PM »
Hello, I see that we have equalization available to us in the Audio settings, but no compression? Will this be coming still?

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 05:01:09 AM »
Hello, I see that we have equalization available to us in the Audio settings, but no compression? Will this be coming still?
Yes, compressor will be added in one of the upcoming updates.

Rick Macari

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 07:29:39 PM »
Hello, I´m currently testing the system and so far it´s a great automation tool, but as requested by others, a good audio compressor is missing.

Also, we use [removed] in our radio station right now and by adding one option to Liquidsoap conf we can connect to the stream on top of the streaming music. I´m attaching a file with the code to better clarify this since I'm getting an error about not being allowed to post external links (just a code)

I can add as many I want, just have to change the port, mount point and password. A can also control the volume of the main audio, in this case, is set at 10% when the user connects to this mount point.

Can we expect to have this option with RadioBoss? That is a deal-breaker for us.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 03:39:43 AM by djsoft »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 03:40:56 AM »
so far it´s a great automation tool, but as requested by others, a good audio compressor is missing.
Thank you. A compressor will be added soon, it's currently under development.

we can connect to the stream on top of the streaming music
Currently when you connect live it mutes local playlist, so that only live stream is heard. We can add volumen control for this so you can attenuate music but I'm not sure of the purpose for this feature.

Rick Macari

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 08:55:32 AM »
Quote (selected)
Currently when you connect live it mutes local playlist, so that only live stream is heard. We can add volumen control for this so you can attenuate music but I'm not sure of the purpose for this feature.

To speak on top of the current stream, as a normal radio does, you can´t do this right now in your cloud system. Liquidsoap has this option and we use regularly.

Rick Macari

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 09:13:40 AM »
Also, we need more functions to have better control of the system, I would suggest:

- Editable, movable, sizable "widgets": To allow customization of the control screen (Overview), today is very hard to get what you really need on that screen.

- Editable, movable, sizable, pinnable Clock: (Overview) Today the clock is really small and it disappears if you roll the page.

- Track Search: Through the system and the possibility to add to the current playlist in just one click.

- Track editor: Not a tag editor, a track editor, so you can cut and trim the track directly on the system with ability to fade in and fade out.

- Improved Logs: With search and more stored information, at least a month.

- Backup/Restore: This is definitely the urgent one, we need the ability to backup the system, entire system or individually backup the playlists, tracks, and file structure.

- Track Duration and ETA: Today you can only visually estimate the estimated time of the track, having the real numbers bellow the track title would give better information about the track. (We use this to speak over the track). Ex. Total Time: 4:23 Time to End: 1:10.

I really would appreciate it if you can add these improvements to your system.

Best.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 06:22:10 AM »
To speak on top of the current stream, as a normal radio does, you can´t do this right now in your cloud system. Liquidsoap has this option and we use regularly.
Currently the RadioBOSS Cloud's stream is muted when you connect live. In the future we'll consider adding an option to control this volume, so you'll be able to speak over the music.

- Editable, movable, sizable "widgets": To allow customization of the control screen (Overview), today is very hard to get what you really need on that screen.
Can you please specify what information is missing or poorly accessible? We currently don't plan on making it fully customizable, but we can make some changes to it.

- Editable, movable, sizable, pinnable Clock: (Overview) Today the clock is really small and it disappears if you roll the page.
The clock is always visible in the top right corner. Or do you mean some other clock?

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 06:26:17 AM »
- Track Search: Through the system and the possibility to add to the current playlist in just one click.

- Track editor: Not a tag editor, a track editor, so you can cut and trim the track directly on the system with ability to fade in and fade out.
We plan on adding those features in the upcoming updates.

- Improved Logs: With search and more stored information, at least a month.
Can you please specify the purpose? Currently the Logs section show roughly the last two days (this is typically enough to see what was wrong in case you need to diagnose something), and you can use the Reports section to build played tracks report.

- Backup/Restore: This is definitely the urgent one, we need the ability to backup the system, entire system or individually backup the playlists, tracks, and file structure.
Our servers are automatically backed up daily to a different datacenter. We can add an option to backup events, playlists, but for music, this is a lot of data and bandwidth - not really an option. You can keep a copy of music on your own PC.

- Track Duration and ETA: Today you can only visually estimate the estimated time of the track, having the real numbers bellow the track title would give better information about the track. (We use this to speak over the track). Ex. Total Time: 4:23 Time to End: 1:10.
Please note that RadioBOSS Cloud is mainly designed as automated and unattended cloud streaming solution. If you want to stream live with talk overs, I'd consider using live streaming feature: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/live-broadcast/ and use any streaming software from your PC, e.g. RadioBOSS.