DJSoft.Net
English Deutsch Espanol Русский
RadioBOSS
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.
Read MoreDownloadBuy Now

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]  (Read 9636 times)

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
Re: RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2019, 05:48:23 AM »
It works fine like this (but I need to restart RB to override the rate limitation, which should not occur when using our own key I guess. Rate limitation is only when using RB general API Key)
I guess you're right, we'll remove the limitation when using non-default key.

wget -qO- "http://newmaster:9000/?pass=xxxxx&cmd=makelibrary+%%22Footy+Themes.xml%%22+|+%%22C:\Music\Footy+Themes%%22"
The command in fact has an error, that it contains spaces (encoded as "+") around the pipe ("|") characters. In the next version we'll make the command ignore such spaces, so you don't have to fix the command. It used to ignore them in the past, before we updated the parser to allow new parameters.

Good Update now, all the tools of the music library are put together in a single screen, unfortunately I noticed some problem on the BPM, despite the correct settings in some songs you no longer see the value, and the calculation function for some songs not works, if you use track editor for the same it marks -1, incorrect value.
The BPM algo was updated and now it depects more songs correctly (we compared it with Spotify database). Hpwever for some songs it's unable to detect BPM for some reason, in this case it will show -1, and scanning it again will not change that. We'll fine tune it in the next update to reduce the number of "-1" results (most likely it will become a bit slower).
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2019, 11:02:44 AM »
Hi Dmitry, what is the reason why "Wait for the current track to finish" (in relay) has it been removed ?,

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2019, 11:34:13 AM »
The simultaneous player does not work when relay is activated. Is this intentional?
It is usually useful for reproducing local advertising, over remote transmission.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2019, 11:57:35 AM »
Hi Dmitry, what is the reason why "Wait for the current track to finish" (in relay) has it been removed ?,
It never worked properly, and fixing it didn't really work, so it was removed. Did you use this option?

The simultaneous player does not work when relay is activated. Is this intentional?
It is usually useful for reproducing local advertising, over remote transmission.
Yes, all RadioBOSS air is muted when the relay is active. We'll add an option for events to allow them being played over the relay.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2019, 12:16:44 PM »
It never worked properly, and fixing it didn't really work, so it was removed. Did you use this option?
I tried this option in testing (not in production), it seemed to work well.

I have several stations linked by IP, using RB with streaming redundancy. (Using the API), I am looking at how this feature evolves so that in the future it may be used in transmission sites that do not require redundancy.

I think that at some point this feature should be incorporated. It makes transitions sound much more professional and helps with some problems such as packet loss: While today it is strange and less and less frequent can happen.

RadioBOSS, would be continuously alternating between local and remote reproduction, with a disastrous result.
On the other hand, if you wait for the current track to return to streaming, the result would be much less transitions.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 12:20:11 PM by nelson c »

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2019, 12:25:59 PM »
Quote from: nelson c on Today at 01:34:13 PM
Yes, all RadioBOSS air is muted when the relay is active. We'll add an option for events to allow them being played over the relay.
It's good news

By the way, what is the reason why DTMF cannot be checked from the main output? Is it something technical?
I think it's the most common and useful.
Even with this relay function

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »
Alternative weather data sopurce (AccuWeather) - requires registering for API key
Great feature, please do not get olive from reading data from hardware stations :)

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2019, 02:06:08 PM »
There is a problem with the automatic Intro:

I have two active rules.
-The first is reproduced on the tracks of the 2018-2019 range
-The second should be played on the rest of the tracks(Attached image)

The problem is that only the intro is played on the tracks of the first rule. (The second does not work)

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2019, 02:20:56 PM »
Update
Posted by: nelson c
« on: Today at 04:06:08 PM »Quote (selected)
There is a problem with the automatic Intro:

I have two active rules.
-The first is reproduced on the tracks of the 2018-2019 range
-The second should be played on the rest of the tracks(Attached image)

The problem is that only the intro is played on the tracks of the first rule. (The second does not work)
The new rules do NOT work, it is strange.
If rules are created with exactly the same configuration as a previous one, they are not.
I am setting the same configuration as a long-created rule and it does not work, only different files. (Tested even as the only rule enabled)

I think someone reported a problem with autointro in the forum
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 02:23:56 PM by nelson c »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2019, 06:20:58 AM »
I think that at some point this feature should be incorporated. It makes transitions sound much more professional
But while it waits for the song to finish, the live stream itself will be cut at the beginning. That's why we decided not to invest dev time into this feature at the moment. Dealing with bad connections is not that important in 2019, but point taken, the feature is not completyely removed and it may return in the future.

Great feature, please do not get olive from reading data from hardware stations
You can implement it yourself, it's fairly simple. RadioBOSS now reads weather data from the Temp\weather.ini file (located in RadioBOSS settings folder). The file format is simple:
Code: [Select]
?wind_speed_tom=2
?wind_speed_tom_m=3
?temp_tom=12
?temp_tom_f=54
?humidity_tom=63
?temp=5
?temp_f=41
?humidity=86
?wind_speed=4
?wind_speed_m=9
?wind_name=Gentle Breeze
today_data_valid=1
tomorrow_data_valid=1
You can write a batch script or something to convert data from your hardware weather station to this format and that's about it. You can only write the values you actually use and omit the others, it will still work, e.g:
Code: [Select]
?temp=5
?humidity=86
?wind_speed=4
today_data_valid=1

I think someone reported a problem with autointro in the forum
I don't recally anything that we were able to reproduce. Are there any error messages? Please try to use some other value (not Fade In but set a fixed position), will it work?

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »
You can implement it yourself, it's fairly simple. RadioBOSS now reads weather data from the Temp\weather.ini file
Good point. A quick test modifying the txt, I don't update the interface.
And I suppose update comand will delete the modified data, what can I do about it?

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2019, 11:39:34 AM »
Good point. A quick test modifying the txt, I don't update the interface.
It's a bug, you can click on the label to make it update the data (the bug will be fixed in the next update). The values will work in text-to-speech.

And I suppose update comand will delete the modified data, what can I do about it?
If you update the file manually, you should not use the weather command. If you use it, it will rewrite the data with new values it gets from the weather service.

« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2019, 03:27:22 PM »
In the playlist it isnt possible to sort by Tag
Maybe it is also possible to implement a playlist colum with Year
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:39:03 PM by Patrick De Bruyn »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2019, 04:56:40 AM »
In the playlist it isnt possible to sort by Tag
Will be fixed in the next update.

Maybe it is also possible to implement a playlist colum with Year
Yes, the column will be added in one of the future updates.

« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2019, 09:55:10 AM »
Please tell me why does not work auto Intro ?Configured the same as in previous versions,but alas ( The same with the scheduler, the jingle before the song now does not fly (
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:06:39 AM by Антон Новиков »