Ad Scheduler (Beta)

vocalistics

Hi Ever So Helpful Host!

I have completed one week now of scheduling and run for 7 days continually with almost no glitches.  I have found work arounds a few things like scheduling streams to start a few seconds earlier then queue to prevent silence detector kicking in and I am so happy with the software - will be recommending it.

Now I have two query regarding Ad Scheduling.

Firstly:
I use Radio Works to generate my ad schedule.  They can provide a daily export in M3U format for your software to import but want to know exactly the format that it would need to be in to integrate and auto schedule.  If you can give this info I would be most grateful... Would one file be ok that I can import every day?

The other query is that when using the scheduler BETA I am finding that if I add an advert they are duplicating.  For example yesterday I added 3 ads to the list and scheduled them to play at 10.20 on one day (ending the next day as it was a test) I then noticed after running it on the schedule list there was more than one ad break scheduled.  When I looked at the times it had randomly scheduled the same ad break 2 or 3 times at random times later in the day (for example 22:50, 23:10 etc). I had to untick them to remove them... there is no aparent reason why! ???

I presume this is a bug but do we have a work around because otherwise it creates a lot of work.

I am happy to manually schedule ads using the report from RW if there is no way of importing one file a day form them (although I hope there is a way) but in the meantime this random insertion is causing a headache.

Many thanks
Steve

PS:  When will Ad Scheduler come out of Beta?

If RadioWorks can save m3u playlist, you can create a scheduler event to load this playlist.

For the Ad Scheduler, are you using the one supplied with RadioBOSS 4.9? I did a quick test and it doesn't duplicate anything... I'm not sure when it comes out of beta - should be soon I think.

How do you add events to the scheduler list - are you using the "Create playlists and events button" or you import the "events.sdl" file manually?

No no, I simply went to TOOLS>Ad Scheduler

Then in the menu on the left added the MP3 files (3 to be precise).  The went (for example) to Monday at 10.15 and ticked to add all three (selected each advert and then ticked the box for that slot).  Then I clicked Create playlist and events and it duplicated it at a  random time.

Just tried now... did the above for Monday at 00:03 - 3 ads at one time.  I then ciicked the Ads overview and it has also schedled a duplicate of the ad break at 00:39 too - random!

vocalistics said:
whatever i shedule for a time (1 ad or 3 in the block) it randomly inserts later too!
I did a auick test here and everything is fine. Could you please post some screenshots to indicate where the problem is?

Sure - see attached.  I should point out that Windows is in Spainish on my system so it converts days to Spanish... Lunes = Monday, Domingo - Sunday.

I started with a completely BLANK schedule... I went through every single block of the week - there was nothing in it.  I scheduled a 30 Ad (Match Point Trailer) to go out at 22.10 on Monday (Lun).  I pressed generate and it said 4 events were added to the schedule.

I opened the Ads overview as you can see and it has put the one I scheduled in on Monday and then rpeated it 3 times completely randomly on Sunday... 16.39, 17.10 and 22.18

This happens every time I schedule an advert - 1 in a block, 3 in a block - doesn't matter... it always adds in multipole recurrances in random times.  I have tried with a start date and an end date and without and its the same.  On this occasion I told it to schedule from TODAY until TOMORROW so nothing should go in on Sunday at all but it still did!

Pulling out my hair!

Thanks for your help!

All the best
Steve ??? ??? ???

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    58.2 KB · Views: 509
Can you please show screenshot of a main window with parameters for 'MatchPointTrailer' track?

Here is a shot of two of the blocks - hope this helps ?

I am pulling out my hair and only have 9 pieces of it left now!  I LOVE this software but this is my only bug bear!  Oh apart from one query but I will post that seperately!!

PS LOVING LOVING this software it compares highly with packages of much higher cost - well done :)

Attachments

• Captura2.PNG
    Captura2.PNG
    69.9 KB · Views: 484
  • Captura4.PNG
    Captura4.PNG
    73.2 KB · Views: 487
Hi

ll looks busy with the new release - i may try it out but wondered if we ever got to the bottom of this issue and if the new release contains a fix?

MANY THANKS!
Steve

I've added this to our bug list, will reply to you soon when I have more information on this.

Back