Multiple Artists Featuring / Duets / Feat.

Altec

Hi Dmitri,

What is exactly the good way to tag songs' file for Playlister no repeat artist working ?

When you have 2 artists it's easy I do for example : "Queen Feat. David Bowie - Under Pressure

But when you have more than artist can I do that : "Calvin Harris Feat. Pharell Williams, Katy Perry, Big Sean, Funk Wav"

Is RB will understand it ?

Thank you for your precisions

If you use playlist generator, this can be configured in Settings: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/settings2.htm ("Multiple artists" button).

When using Track List, it's also possible to separate multiple artists, this is configured in Repeat Protection options: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_track_list.htm
Yes I know this section but it's not for the same reason, multiple artists its for example to link a group with a solo artist if this artist was for example a member of the group, like a lead vocalist.

My question is to know the best way to name correctly the files for the no repetitions in the case of a duet or a multiple featuring.

If you have for example :

Frank Sinatra - My Way
and after that
"Dean Martin Feat. Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra - L.O.V.E" is radioboss will consider the third artist (Frank Sinatra), in the no repetition protection system ?

I din't found informations about that in the Radioboss Help book.

Thanks

Yes I know this section but it's not for the same reason, multiple artists its for example to link a group with a solo artist if this artist was for example a member of the group, like a lead vocalist.
This is possible in Playlist Generator - Related Artists. But the list must be created manually.

Frank Sinatra - My Way
and after that
"Dean Martin Feat. Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra - L.O.V.E" is radioboss will consider the third artist (Frank Sinatra), in the no repetition protection system ?
If you set up "Multiple artists" feature, and it has "," as a separator, then yes, repeat protection will work in this case.

This is possible in Playlist Generator - Related Artists. But the list must be created manually.

If you set up "Multiple artists" feature, and it has "," as a separator, then yes, repeat protection will work in this case.
Yes it's the case, I guess the protection with "Queen Feat. David Bowie, Elton John - Under Pressure" will work for the 3 artists ?

Can you confirm ?

best

Yes it's the case, I guess the protection with "Queen Feat. David Bowie, Elton John - Under Pressure" will work for the 3 artists ?
Yes, it separates artists and treats them one by one. Basically, from repeat protection system's point of view, "Queen Feat. David Bowie, Elton John - Under Pressure" is equivalent to playing tracks by "Queen", "David Bowie" and "Elton John" at the same time. So, it first separates artist list, then compares them one by one, each with each and if one match found, artist considered to be "repeated".

You can also do tis now in auto Introl so that it will search the name in the track and the name in the file name or tag as the featured artist. You can run a auto intro for either its pretty nice

Back