RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
southernfm said:
Upgraded the studio PC's from 5.5.4.0 to 5.6.0.6 yesterday. Whenever our scheduler imports a schedule to run, the first spot in the schedule plays twice before it moves on to the next spot.
Please send screenshot of the event that plays twice, also screenshot of the playlist will help.

Dmitry
There is an error at the start point in the cue player.
Starts before the point started.

If you need I can send the song by mail

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 412
From the final version of RB appeared the following problem: (in the beta did not occur)
I have events with "maximum waiting time in the list", action play.
(with the option to send to the server the name of the event, that is not if it has to see in something but by the doubts clarifies it).
The event begins normally without the maximum wait time being fulfilled, and then while the event is playing, when the maximum waiting time is reached, the playback of the current track is restarted and writes in the log that the maximum waiting time is fulfilled in the list. (Obviously once the event started it should turn off the maximum expear time in list)

djsoft said:
southernfm said:
Upgraded the studio PC's from 5.5.4.0 to 5.6.0.6 yesterday. Whenever our scheduler imports a schedule to run, the first spot in the schedule plays twice before it moves on to the next spot.
Please send screenshot of the event that plays twice, also screenshot of the playlist will help.

It basically came up with the (1) next to the first file that was due to play, played it, the (1) disappears, then it continues on.

I manually re-created the profile again, using the same settings that were configured previously. This seems to have resolved the issue for us.

I have some doubts about Advance on each generation
Works when I use Ramdon selection?
After you get to the end of the list, start again from the beginning?
When a list is generated in track select "In order" that happens with the rating that is used as a priority?

My question comes from the following. I'm reading several articles about music programming, and to get a "freshness effect" on the music, other software do this:
-Shuffle all the playlist and insert it into a queue.
-Take the first 1000 tracks (for example) and generate the whole week playlist with those songs.
-Create the playlist applying priorities and filter only with those tracks.
-At the end of the week these tracks are inserted at the end of the queue, and work with the 1000 tracks that were now at the top.

This function gives me the feeling that has a similar idea.

So these songs are now left to "rest", they sounded songs that long ago did not sound (because they were at the end of the queue). This is achieved by this "musical freshness"

nelson c said:
The event begins normally without the maximum wait time being fulfilled, and then while the event is playing, when the maximum waiting time is reached, the playback of the current track is restarted and writes in the log that the maximum waiting time is fulfilled in the list
Yes, this was a bug introduced in the release version of RadioBOSS - please download the latest update (5.6.0.7) it will fix the problem.

southernfm said:
It basically came up with the (1) next to the first file that was due to play, played it, the (1) disappears, then it continues on.
We tried reproducing it here, but to no avail... A screenshot should help here.

nelson c said:
Works when I use Ramdon selection?
After you get to the end of the list, start again from the beginning?
It's intended to be used with "In order" selection, so that it will take the next track out of a set - e.g. when it's some sort of lectures, or series. When the end of the list reached, it will start from the first track again.

nelson c said:
music programming, and to get a "freshness effect" on the music, other software do this:
Playlist Generator in RadioBOSS allows increasing priority for tracks that weren't on air for some time. You can also lower priorities for tracks that were played recently. This, combined with repeat protection rules and filters should provide enough "freshness" :)

djsoft said:
southernfm said:

Thanks but as we've resolved the issue we won't pursue a 'fix' for it. Basically a new profile created under the new version resolved the issue for us, so if anyone else encounters this issue that's the way to resolve the issue.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
music programming, and to get a "freshness effect" on the music, other software do this:
Playlist Generator in RadioBOSS allows increasing priority for tracks that weren't on air for some time. You can also lower priorities for tracks that were played recently. This, combined with repeat protection rules and filters should provide enough "freshness" :)
It's true, I don't know what would be on my radio without this software. (And his hard work by the way)  :D

southernfm said:
djsoft said:
southernfm said:

Thanks but as we've resolved the issue we won't pursue a 'fix' for it. Basically a new profile created under the new version resolved the issue for us, so if anyone else encounters this issue that's the way to resolve the issue.
[/quote

The issue seems to have returned. I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    180 KB · Views: 414
I seem to have an issue with "beds"
If I voicetrack, RB behaves exactly as expected.
If I add a "Bed" to the voicetrack and create a new filetype "BED", the bed continues to play after the voicetrack has ended.  I tried a shorter bed and it starts to play again over the next track.
Ensuring the "treat as voicetrack" tick box is unticked, the bed still continues to play. regardless of whether I have ticked the box or not.
Am I correct that the bed should cease as soon as the voicetrack has ended?

southernfm said:
The issue seems to have returned. I've attached a screenshot.
On the screenshot I don't see that anything's playing. The (1) is not a problem - scheduler sometimes adds the first track of the scheduled event to the playback queue to make sure that it will start when needed.

Cheshunt Radio said:
Yes, the bed should only play when the track is playing. Please provide more information on the setup - we'll try to reproduce it here.

djsoft said:
Cheshunt Radio said:
Yes, the bed should only play when the track is playing. Please provide more information on the setup - we'll try to reproduce it here.

I have Two file types  VT - and BEDS and this is reflected in the filetype  identifier VT & BEDS
Voicetracks work perfect - Starts and stops exactly where I expect it to.

The BEDS filetype is the same as VT filetype except "Treat as voice track" is unchecked (Expecting file to play as a jingle where the BED stops playing as soon as the voicetrack stops). 

The BEDS filetype behaves like a voice track but when the VT stops the Bed continues to play over the next track. This happens whatever the length of the bed.  A Short Bed will recycle itself and continue to play over the next track.

https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php?topic=3797.0  A similar issue was mentioned here and it seems identical.

Attachments

• VOICETRACK.png
    VOICETRACK.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 380
djsoft said:
On the screenshot I don't see that anything's playing. The (1) is not a problem - scheduler sometimes adds the first track of the scheduled event to the playback queue to make sure that it will start when needed.

The track plays, the (1) remains on the track while it plays the first time. The second time the track plays, the (1) disappears, but it is the second time it plays. It's in the log files as a double played track.

This is how it appears in the CSV

40011;News Intro;;16/06/2017 2:00:52 PM;;8
40011;News Intro;;16/06/2017 2:00:57 PM;;8
;40016 - NRN News;;16/06/2017 2:01:02 PM;;5
40021;News Outro;;16/06/2017 2:04:47 PM;;5

The news was scheduled to appear at 1:59:00PM. The schedule only has 1 'News Intro' 1 'NRN News' and 1 'News Outro'. Radio Boss plays the Intro twice then continues on. The first time it plays the news intro the (1) remains in the player, next to the 'News Intro' mp3. The second time it plays, the (1) disappears. In the past typically the (1) is visible up until the mp3 file plays and the (1) disappears straight away. At the moment, the (1) remains there, plays once, then plays again, the (1) disappears, then it moves on to the next file. It's double playing the first track/mp3 that is scheduled. 

Downgrading to 5.5.4.0 gets rid of the issue. I tried creating a new profile but that didn't seem to resolve the issue.

There is a problem happening when the list is stopped. Every time I manually execute the commercial block or other programming that is in standby mode and programmed not to play with the list stopped, it repeats the jingle block introduction. I am using version 5.6.0.7 and windows 7 64 bit

Attachments

• Erro repete.png
    Erro repete.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 374
celso said:
There is a problem happening when the list is stopped. Every time I manually execute the commercial block or other programming that is in standby mode and programmed not to play with the list stopped, it repeats the jingle block introduction. I am using version 5.6.0.7 and windows 7 64 bit

This sounds similar to my issue

southernfm said:
This sounds similar to my issue

In fact, it is a similar error, I think what was lacking was detail to understand the problem. I am using the latest version 5.6.0.7. It's no use creating a new profile, I've done all the tests here and it does not solve. This error happens whenever the list is stopped, if we launch a scheduled event regardless of the type, it repeats, if it is a multi-action event, the program repeats the first audio and then follows the normal with the rest. In fact, any event launched from the event scheduler will repeat when playing if the list is stopped and we give play manually. I would if possible send a video to Dmitry.

celso said:
There is a problem happening when the list is stopped. Every time I manually execute the commercial block or other programming that is in standby mode and programmed not to play with the list stopped, it repeats the jingle block introduction
southernfm said:
The track plays, the (1) remains on the track while it plays the first time. The second time the track plays, the (1) disappears
Please post a screenshot of an event that does this, and also screenshot of player window - before and after an event is started. This is required to reproduce the problem here.

Also, to clarify when you say "Manual start" - does it mean that the event is started manually (the Run Now button), or that track in the playlist is started manually (using the play button)?

Update the bug was reproduced when the scheduled track is started manually from the playlist. It does not remove the track from the queue, therefore track plays second time. This will be fixed soon.

Cheshunt Radio said:
The BEDS filetype is the same as VT filetype except "Treat as voice track" is unchecked (Expecting file to play as a jingle where the BED stops playing as soon as the voicetrack stops). 
I'm still not sure how the two file types relate... I think more information is needed to understand what happens.

I have make a youtube video from this voiceover bug
please look at this
https://youtu.be/Ubbm8z8IRL4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back