RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be helpful for us to have a 'date created' column in the file manager section so that is easy to find the latest tracks uploaded and add those to the playlist. Would that be possible to implement in the future please?

tking said:
It would be helpful for us to have a 'date created' column in the file manager section so that is easy to find the latest tracks uploaded and add those to the playlist. Would that be possible to implement in the future please?
Good idea, yes - will be added in one of the future updates.

actucast said:
What is the difference between Icecast KH 10 and Icecast 2.4.4?
This may sound odd, but there is no compiled list of differences exists :) The KH version fixes some bugs fixed and changes what stream information it gives out. From our experience, in terms of uptime and overall reliability, the KH version is better and it's set as the default for all new accounts. There's no need to switch to regular Icecast unless you have a requirement to do so.

I'm sorry to bother you but I still have my file problem in the mess. Just now my event has just started, and started with Part 8 at the scene of Part 1 ....

When I run a notification test by email, I receive nothing. Is this normal?

In the log I have "Notification (#3) error: HTTP/1.1 500 Failed to send email."

After reading the documentation, I'm slightly confused by the "overlay playback" option in the scheduler. What exactly could this be used for?

actucast said:
I'm sorry to bother you but I still have my file problem in the mess. Just now my event has just started, and started with Part 8 at the scene of Part 1 ....
Please specify what event it is and when did it happen.

actucast said:
When I run a notification test by email, I receive nothing. Is this normal?
Currently it does not always work due to some problems with external mailing service we use. An update will be released today that will fix the problem.

Callum said:
After reading the documentation, I'm slightly confused by the "overlay playback" option in the scheduler. What exactly could this be used for?
It's useful when you want to play something together with the currently playing song, optionally lowering its level. It's pretty much the same as in desktop RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/eventoptions2.htm

djsoft said:
It's useful when you want to play something together with the currently playing song, optionally lowering its level. It's pretty much the same as in desktop RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/eventoptions2.htm
If I had a news broadcast to play every so often, could "overlay playback" be used to play a bed over the news broadcast?

djsoft said:
actucast said:
Please specify what event it is and when did it happen.

It was the British connection event Saturday at 4 pm (utc + 2)
I ask him to start reading the playlist in order, but it starts with part 08, then part01, 02, 03, 04 ....

actucast said:
I ask him to start reading the playlist in order, but it starts with part 08, then part01, 02, 03, 04 ....
If it was playing previously, then it will continue from the position it left off. Even if it was in another playlist. When you add a new item, it will still check what the position for that folder was. It could be that when you have it played previously, it played the 07 file, and now it plays 08 as it's the next one in the queue.

Callum said:
If I had a news broadcast to play every so often, could "overlay playback" be used to play a bed over the news broadcast?
Unlikely, as it would be hard to synchronize the overlay event with the news event. The typical uses for the overlay feature are:
- play station ids when you play long DJ mixes and therefore playing ids between tracks is not really an option
- play top of the hour jingles if you don't want to interrupt the playing track
- run some important (and, typically, short) announcements, without interrupting the playing track

djsoft said:
actucast said:
If it was playing previously, then it will continue from the position it left off. Even if it was in another playlist. When you add a new item, it will still check what the position for that folder was. It could be that when you have it played previously, it played the 07 file, and now it plays 08 as it's the next one in the queue.
Ok. Is there a way for playback to always start from the beginning of the folder?

actucast said:
Ok. Is there a way for playback to always start from the beginning of the folder?
It's not possible, as it will require a way to specify when to continue, and when to start over. And, also, in this case, it will be missing the last file, if you start over earlier, before it played the last track from the folder.
If you know how many files there are, and it's constant, you should schedule it to play so that it plays all files from the folder, to make sure that it starts from the first file when needed.

Hello,

I'm trying to add a tracklist to a playlist, but I have the error "No item selected."

I'm using a screen reader, I think I can not select folders ...

actucast said:
I'm trying to add a tracklist to a playlist, but I have the error "No item selected."

Try to hit enter on the desired folder, this will select it and you can press the OK button.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.6.4 beta

• Minor changed in UI design
  • Prelisten and download music in Media
  • Performance improvements
  • Minor bugs fixed

Yes, I can confirm this. If I select a playlist and try to add a tracklist to it, the message "No media selected" is being displayed. Adding files manually using the "To playlist" button however works.

Steffen Schultz said:
actucast said:

Try to hit enter on the desired folder, this will select it and you can press the OK button.

Don?t work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back