track separation does not read "last played" tag

howebzar

It may be working as designed, but PGPro has just scheduled a track it played about 10 minutes ago, but separation is set to 60mins.
The previous run was from a previous schedule, but the "last played" time was correct and presumably PGPro is capable of estimating when the track will run?

howebzar said:
It may be working as designed, but PGPro has just scheduled a track it played about 10 minutes ago, but separation is set to 60mins.
The previous run was from a previous schedule, but the "last played" time was correct and presumably PGPro is capable of estimating when the track will run?
Currently it doesn't look for the Last Played tag when checking for no-repeat rules. You can lower the priority of recently played tracks by adding a rule on the Priority tab in category properties.
Another solution is to generate a large playlist (e.g. for 24 hours), or multiple playlists at once using the command line interface: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen_command_line_interface.htm (-n option).

WBGS-Founder said:
I noticed this myself, It seems like it never calculated everything right?
What is calculated incorrectly for you?

For me, it just seems like it play the same artist over, I have the album every 60-minutes track and artist.

WBGS-Founder said:
For me, it just seems like it play the same artist over, I have the album every 60-minutes track and artist.
Do you use playlist generator?

Yeah i like ti if it did what the options said it would be amazing i tried more than once.

WBGS-Founder said:
Yeah i like ti if it did what the options said it would be amazing i tried more than once.
Those options do what they say. If you create a playlist, it won't have artists/tracks/... repeated if you have enough tracks to choose from. It doesn't check the "Last played" tag and tracks which are currently in the playlist - this will be fixed in the future. Anyway, if you generate a large playlist for say 24 hours - you won't have artists repeated.

well they are in my metal play list also could be due to not enough artist in the folder I added.

WBGS-Founder said:
well they are in my metal play list also could be due to not enough artist in the folder I added.
In this case you'll see error message(s) in the log saying that there are not enough tracks.

I can't seem to make the playlist generator command to work, I think I have everything correct:

run PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=HBZ -out=E:\RadioBOSS\Playlists\HBZ.m3u8

it doesn't seem to kick PGP into life at all!

Well, PGP is a separate program loaded once you run it, Now are you talking about a play list? 

No - I am trying to generate a Playlist by calling PGP in the scheduler as described in the docs.

when I start the event (manually) I see the windows clock, and a message in the audit trail which all looks good, but nothing happens.

Actually - ignore previous. It appears to have generated the playlists, but not exactly when I expected. I will continue to experiment, but it seems to be working.
:-[

In scheduler you can set the time that you want the playlist generated...anyway there is a very good manual under the help section of RadioBOSS that can be very helpful in setting PGPRO up.  Once you have everything set up like you want it, it works great.  Several people on this forum can give you very good advice on how to set up PGPRO to create the playlist when and how you like them.  Mine is setup to generate one 24 hour playlist daily.

David

howebzar said:
Actually - ignore previous. It appears to have generated the playlists, but not exactly when I expected. I will continue to experiment, but it seems to be working.
:-[
It depends on event settings when it generates the playlist. You can give more information on this issue: event window screenshot; when you want playlist to be generated and when it's actually generated.
Also as David advised - read the manual on scheduler and automatic playlist generation.

Back