[Twitter/X] Post "Nowplaying" statuses

i would find this more interesting if i could tweet the nowplaying with the next event/song... since it is in the cue on radioboss, is it possible to accomplish?

eg
now playing artist title
next artist title

anyway, it would be more friendly user if i could just set my tweet account and allowed to send the information ;)

Would be senseless.
What would you do if changing the next track in RadioBOSS? If then, the tweet would be useless anymore.
Therefore, in some countries it isn't allowed to preview exactly the next song, e.g. in Germany.

jpp said:
i would find this more interesting if i could tweet the nowplaying with the next event/song... since it is in the cue on radioboss, is it possible to accomplish?
This will be possible in the next update, there will be a %nextsong variable holding the next track title. As Basti mentioned, you should use this with care as if the next track is changed after the tweet (e.g an event launched) the next song information posted to Twitter will become invalid.

jpp said:
Sure... but it becomes to how anyone manages the tool. You only provide the option.
RadioBOSS 5.8 has the %nextsong variable that can be used to post next song information to Twitter.

djsoft said:
jpp said:
Sure... but it becomes to how anyone manages the tool. You only provide the option.
RadioBOSS 5.8 has the %nextsong variable that can be used to post next song information to Twitter.

tes... but for "experts" :) I entered this topic by saying that it was cool to use it in a more "friendly user" mode, by creating a button wich when pressed sends that info automatically

jpp said:
I entered this topic by saying that it was cool to use it in a more "friendly user" mode, by creating a button wich when pressed sends that info automatically
Currently it's fully automatic. Once configured, it will send song title updates automatically every time a song is played. The hardest part is setting up Twitter application and account, but we don't have control over it.

djsoft said:
I think technically it should be possible, but Facebook does not seem to be appropriate platform for nowplaying statuses, as they are updated very often, every few minutes. You may get your account blocked for spam.
I saw this somewhere, one solution is to limit the time between posts, or every 5 songs or 10 songs ...

SertanejaPop said:
I saw this somewhere, one solution is to limit the time between posts, or every 5 songs or 10 songs ...
In this case, it will skip some of the song title updates that makes it almost useless, as it's not "nowplaying" anymore :)

djsoft said:
In this case, it will skip some of the song title updates that makes it almost useless, as it's not "nowplaying" anymore
I think it's valid even if it's not current! Why would it be current ?!

SertanejaPop said:
I think it's valid even if it's not current! Why would it be current ?!
It's called "nowplaying" - for Facebook, I think the best solution would be posting like "recently played" every 10-15 minutes with list of tracks that were played. This can not be done using only RadioBOSS, but you can implement it on your web site:
- RadioBOSS sends a HTTP GET request to your web site and it stores the track title in a list
- You have a cron job on your web site that runs every 15 minutes and posts a status with stored track titles and then clears the stored track titles list

Is there a possibility that you can add extra info in de nowplaying.text ?  Now you can only see the artist en title of the song. I would like to add some extra info such as the DJ name etc.
When I add manualy extra info it stays only that one song, what or how can I add extras that you can see, and stays, before every new artist?

You can use any tags from the list in your Twitter text: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/title-format-variables.htm

thank you for this ! finally got it working.

my only concern is that now i am posting every song , which might be considered as spamming. is it possible to maybe space it out a bit , not to post every song , but maybe every other song or post the song after every x amount of minutes? thanks!

Melvinnunez said:
my only concern is that now i am posting every song , which might be considered as spamming. is it possible to maybe space it out a bit , not to post every song , but maybe every other song or post the song after every x amount of minutes? thanks!
I'm not sure if this can be considered as spamming, as posts will only be make every 3-5 minutes. The script source is in the first post, you can modify it so that it remembers last N track titles (e.g. in a database or text file) and then sends to Twitter all those titles at once.

djsoft said:
I'm not sure if this can be considered as spamming

You have to follow the automation rules of Twitter, Melvinnunez. :)
See here: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-automation

hola  amigos tengo un problema ? porque cuando mando los datos a mi servidor de radio  hay veces que  los muestra en twitter y otras veces no lo muestra me  podr?a decir alguien  que  pasara espero  vuestra gracias

Twitter may reject some status posts for various reasons, typically, when you post too often.

Back