UPDATE: RadioBOSS 2.8.9.298 tag bug

T

twc

i have version RadioBOSS 2.8.9.298 butt, my tag (titel) is not there!

I play this file: 205-tiesto-driving_to_heaven__mat_zo_remix.mp3

Tag say:
Artist: Tiesto
Titel: Driving To Heaven (Mat Zo Remix)

But in software i see: Driving To Heaven (Mat Zo Remix
) missing this.

Its not in every mp3 i got butt 25% of it.

Why is this ??? how to fix this ????
now i cant broadcast...........

AND why buy a higher version if this got a BUG ?

twc this will be fixed soon. It is not a bug, it is a limitation of id3v1 tags - 30 letters for title and for artist.

[quote author="djsoft"]twc this will be fixed soon. It is not a bug, it is a limitation of id3v1 tags - 30 letters for title and for artist.[/quote]

So if i buy the RadioBOSS 2.9.5 new version i got the same problem to you say :cry:

[quote author="twc"]So if i buy the RadioBOSS 2.9.5 new version i got the same problem to you say[/quote]
Yes, but we'll fix it soon.

[quote author="djsoft"][quote author="twc"]So if i buy the RadioBOSS 2.9.5 new version i got the same problem to you say[/quote]
Yes, but we'll fix it soon.[/quote]

Soon RadioBOSS 2.9.6 or RadioBOSS 3.0.0 ??

twc I think 2.9.x, not 3.0 - we'll make just some minor changes, not enough to call it 3.0.

oky...........

To bad no fix yet...............

I will wait for a new download then :lol:

Bug with tag editor fixed. Here is an update to try: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_demo.exe

[quote author="djsoft"]Bug with tag editor fixed. Here is an update to try: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_demo.exe[/quote]

1221474595-690.jpg

twc
RadioBOSS writes ID3V1 (not ID3V2) tags, and it looks like, the data for the properties window on your screenshot is read from Id3V2 tag (or maybe from some other place.. )
You can post the audio file with which you have a problems to support@djsoft.net so we can examine it.

Maby you must examine your self :)

If i load 500 files and there ar 2/3 not good WTF examine ?
Make your software good and not crap, and you sell software on people at 140 euro !

If i grab winamp for free (NO PAY) it works fine so.................

I think its a Joke

twc
Just checked with MP3, WMA and OGG files - it works... So, it will be better if you send me one of the files with which program do not work correctly. With OGG and WMA there is one thing: to save a tag, you should stop playback.
FYI, RadioBOSS is not a tag-editing software, it designed mostly for track playback and tags reading (tag editor was added for users convenience) - don't expect it to do anything you want in a tag editor part.
Compare with Winamp is not correct - Winamp is for other purposes (home users, small inet radios, etc), it lacks many features which are in the RadioBOSS, and some features which are in Winamp do not exist in the RB (such as Video files playback, but video support will be added in the RadioBOSS PRO software).

RadioBOSS writes ID3V1 (not ID3V2)

So ????????
You say he can't see ID3V2 ?

if i load it in playlists.............

2 twc
It can read id3v2, and read/write id3v1.
If you add a track which has both v1 and v2 tags, RadioBOSS reads id3v2 tag. But it can edit only id3v1 version.

Uhm........
I am very sad........Dont work here !

oh well than i jus free (winamp) and ixJinglePlayer software :)

Everthing free:
http://www.itecnix.com

twc
I don't think it is a software which can be compared with radioboss. It's like you compare a bicycle with a car...

So what :lol:
If your software id3v2 id3v1 dont work.....

It do the job for me...its free to

If you need a tag editor, you should use special software for it (you can find much on the net). RadioBOSS has only the base functions to work with tags, and we never promise that RB can write id3v2 tags - so I don't understand why do you expect this? (but it works fine with id3v1 tags)
Maybe, Winamp is good for you, but it has only basic features to play audio files (and has no advanced features like scheduler, logger, playlist generator, etc) - so it can not be used on serious stations.

If your software can't read id3v2, id3v1 normal why by your GREAT RadioBOSS ????

And i mean not the tag editor.

twc I already said, that RadioBOSS can read id3v2 tags. But it can not write it. And, it can read and write id3v1 tags. It looks like that you just post here and don't read or understand answers to your posts...

Back