• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 4.5 [beta]  (Read 134355 times)

nyankee

Re: RadioBOSS 4.5 [beta]
« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2011, 10:47:20 AM »
Working on it now. First tests show that it's HTTP request feature causing this, and it's fixed. That's the error some other users experienced.
The bassmix.dll is something new... More info needed:
1) Are any Winamp plugins used
2) What soundcard
3) OS and version

New release will be in 5 hours... First tests show it's very stable, but there's always something wrong on user's machines :)

Well downaloaded new verison yeterday and left radioboss on all night, after checking back in the morning same error....
whatever you guys fixed in the new release didnt fix this at all.

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2011, 10:59:23 AM »
The fix was related to another error when HTTP request was used. Problem is, nor we or any one of our testing team able to reproduce this error. If there are no winamp plugins, http/ftp request is off the program runs endlessly.

You can send us your settings, maybe there's something we didn't notice... Click Settings->Open settings folder, ZIP contents and send it to support@djsoft.net. Thanks!
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

bobby

« Reply #257 on: March 26, 2011, 08:35:06 AM »
Hey djsoft

How did the test go with the .mp4 file i sent you last week

let me know please

thanks

DJSTU

« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2011, 02:16:01 AM »
Firstly I must apologise for having taken so long to reply to your questions DJSOFT. A family matter arose which took precedence and I have unable to take part in the forum for that reason.

Do you want events which were passed while playlist wasn't playing be launched once playback is started? This may lead to some problems when several, like 3-5 events, starting at the same time... Or it should just skip events?
I would suggest that each event have a "life" to exist after its original intended time to play. Add in a box that has variables like if this event is unable to play/activate within x minutes of its posted event time, then its to be deleted.

About crossfading. Do you think that current scheme (time based points+silence remover based on dB level) is good enough?
The answer is no I don't. I think you need to separate silence elimination from crossfading as they are two entirely different matters. Each should be processed separately, once again based on DB level.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:58 AM »
I added suggestion about scheduler to request list. Will be implemented in one of the next versions...

About crossfading, I think there should be an option to select how user wants to do it - time based or dB. This also goes to the request list.

DJSTU

« Reply #260 on: May 03, 2011, 04:48:56 PM »
About crossfading, I think there should be an option to select how user wants to do it - time based or dB.
This is good news. And I agree with giving options. Its always good for users to make their own choices.
From DJSOFT: Or it should just skip events? From DJSTU:I would suggest that each event have a "life" to exist after its original intended time to play. Add in a box that has variables like if this event is unable to play/activate within x minutes of its posted event time, then its to be deleted.
I've been thinking further about this. I have given the impression that each event should have a "life" given to it. But I think a better way of handling it would be to do this (once again giving users options):
(1) The event has "NO Time to Live", therefore stays and subsequently plays (but only on hitting resume RB). This could be more than one event.
(2) The event has a "Time to Live" nominated in minutes after its designated scheduled time, therefore either stays or goes due to time lapse (remaining events play only on hitting resume RB). This could be more than one event.
(3) The event has a "MUST play", regardless of RB status. That is, if RB is in stop mode for instance, then the event happens regardless. It could be a command happening outside the Playlist, therefore the Playlist would not start but the event happens, or it could be an instruction affecting the mode of the Playlist. This could be more than one event.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: May 04, 2011, 10:51:01 AM »
About crossfading, I think there should be an option to select how user wants to do it - time based or dB.
This is good news. And I agree with giving options. Its always good for users to make their own choices
It's not that easy. If there is huge amount of options, program becomes very complicated to use...
Option for crossfades will be added (in RadioBOSS 4.5.4 maybe).

From DJSOFT: Or it should just skip events? From DJSTU:I would suggest that each event have a "life" to exist after its original intended time to play. Add in a box that has variables like if this event is unable to play/activate within x minutes of its posted event time, then its to be deleted.
I've been thinking further about this. I have given the impression that each event should have a "life" given to it. But I think a better way of handling it would be to do this (once again giving users options):
Yes, sounds good. But I think it goes to the next major update with public beta testing - RadioBOSS 4.6, in June (not sure yet).

exposureir

« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2011, 11:56:37 PM »
Hey just noticed something that is kinda a pain. In the playlist you have "Start time" but this is not accurate because of cross fading. For example I have a cross fading time set of 2 seconds, so with each song the time changes by 5 seconds (not really sure why its 5 seconds, but thats what it ends up being), which does not seam like alot but over time it effects timing alot if I want a certain song to play at a certain time or if a band wants to know what time there song is gonna play its 30 mins off sometimes.

Could you make it where the "Start time" takes the cross fade time into effect so its accurate?

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2011, 07:04:31 AM »
Yes, this is planned for future RadioBOSS 4.6 release. It's not that simple to calculate start time accurately. Many thing should be taken into account:
1) gap killer removes some time from beginning and end of track making track shorter
2) some tracks may have individual crossfading points
3) something may be started by scheduler making playlist longer...

We'll try to do something about it, but "Start Time" will never be 100% accurate.It's possible to make it better, so it won't "lie" much.