RadioBOSS 4.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey djsoft

I am very sad right now :(

because you did not update radioboss since last year of 2010

and jan is almost over

so how much longer until the next update?

:(

RadioBOSS 4.5 updated.
Changes:
- fixed error when using MIC in DirectSound or ASIO mode
- prebuffer settings are set in milliseconds now
- Playlist Generator Pro included in the package

Hey djsoft

thanks for updating radioboss today

I can't wait for the next update so my shoutcast server v2 works on it very soon

keep up the great work

take care

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 4.5

Download
RadioBOSS 4.5 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.5_beta.exe (4.5.0.684, 18.01.2011, 14Mb)

Quote (as above) edited

I have downloaded from the above link but it contains 4.5.0.678.

Hope this is OK to advise you of this.

Chris in New Zealand

Greetings Radioboss software writers/developers.
Thank you for your software which I am enjoying testing out.
I have quite a few suggestions for improvement which I hope you don't mind my putting forward in the weeks to come ? My background is in using mainstream professional radio software, so these suggestions will come primarily from this scenario, plus ideas I have which even the most expensive professional software still doesn't provide.
At this stage I would like to point out a bug with your Beta 4.5, latest version.
Silence Detection is activated, but Radioboss is not over-riding this detection when it is in stop mode. Play will commence regardless of the stop instruction, which will cause havoc if on-air in assist mode.
Many thanks and keep up the good work
DJSTU

Chris Diack said:
I have downloaded from the above link but it contains 4.5.0.678.
Very strange... Just downloaded and it's .684 version. Looks like, old file cached by your ISP, please try this link: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.5_beta.exe?nocache

DJSTU said:
Silence Detection is activated, but Radioboss is not over-riding this detection when it is in stop mode. Play will commence regardless of the stop instruction, which will cause havoc if on-air in assist mode.
Thanks for testing!
There are many talks about this Silence Detector. In the earlier versions, when it doesn't take action in "Stop" state, people say that it should as it's "silence" and silence detector should remove it :) Now it works in stop mode, and we get many requests that it shouldn't work in that mode... This will be changed again in the next update. Or maybe we will even add a setting for it.

saucerfoot said:
does this new update allow people to use the new shoutcast v2 server on radioboss now
As I tested, shoutcast works here. But, didn't tested it with Shoutcast v2.

Hey djsoft

I tested my shoutcast v2 server on this new update of radioboss

and it still does not work for me at all

thats my update

thanks

saucerfoot said:
I tested my shoutcast v2 server on this new update of radioboss
1) No one promised it will work with Shoutcast v2
2) ShoutCAST v2 itself is still at beta stage. That's why I don't think it's a good idea to add support for this now.

Hey staff

the in-built sound on the new beta version of radioboss is still very much broken

so can you guys fix that on the next update of radioboss please

thanks

Greetings Djsoft
Bugs on Ver 4.5.0.684
(1) The volume fader only starts to increase from mid-way along the fader, rather than the very start. This has only started happening with 684.
(2) I'm using Win 7, and RB is automatically muting the Main Output sound on startup of the program. A friend tells me the same thing is happening with XP, tho I haven't tried it myself with XP to verify this. This problem is not unique to 684, but has happened with previous beta versions.
Keep up the good work, its going well.
DJSTU

DJSTU said:
Greetings Djsoft
Bugs on Ver 4.5.0.684
(1) The volume fader only starts to increase from mid-way along the fader, rather than the very start. This has only started happening with 684.
Please give more details on this...

DJSTU said:
(2) I'm using Win 7, and RB is automatically muting the Main Output sound on startup of the program. A friend tells me the same thing is happening with XP, tho I haven't tried it myself with XP to verify this. This problem is not unique to 684, but has happened with previous beta versions.
Keep up the good work, its going well.
DJSTU
That's strange as program tested on all possible versions of Windows including Windows 2008 and we didn't notice this.
It mutes the global volume of sound card in Windows mixer? BTW, what sound card are you using?

djsoft said:
Please give more details on this...
Hmmmmmm.....how to describe this ?
This is the built in Volume in RB (Under Settings/View and Volume "ticked" box)
The volume fader is say this size in all            |||___________________|||
Slide fader to here and no sound...                |||>>>>>>>>                |||
Sound starts from this position onwards...       |||              >>>>>>>>>|||
This only started happening with Ver 684, previous versions were fine.        
djsoft said:
BTW, what sound card are you using?
I am using a sound card built into the Mobo. Device Manager on Win 7 is useless at telling me what is. All it says is "High Audio Definition Device". So I don't imagine that's of much use to you.
Sorry I can't really help you here.
And yes, it is the Windows Mixer we are talking about. RB starts up, you click Play and visualization indicates the track is playing, the Progress Bar is moving along too, but just no sound. You then have to go to the Windows Mixer and unmute the sound.
This muting is only happening on RB startup.
BUT I can tell you that two other friends are experiencing the same thing and they are using Win XP

I have XPPro (yes a legal version) and when I loaded my new registered version of RadioBoss on to my computer, it defaulted to the wav applet being muted on my very standard Soundblaster PCI card... as per the attached picture for those who are not audio applet literate.

(Mocked up picture)  

I've yet to establish whether it's a recurring problem or not.

I'll report back later

Attachments

• Sound Card Problem.PNG
    Sound Card Problem.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 573
DJSTU said:
Sound starts from this position onwards...      |||              >>>>>>>>>|||
This only started happening with Ver 684, previous versions were fine.       
Thank for info. Maybe you have the "Logarithmic" mode on? (it's on General tab)

That "Mute" bug is in our list now. Very strange, I did a quick test in a Windows XP SP3 machine and Wave out was not muted...

Hey djsoft

it does that to me to on my e-mu 12-12 soundcard

when i first start up my radioboss beta program

it mutes it right away for me as well on my e-mu 12-12 soundcard

so what could be wrong then

Hello !

I have one bug in RadioBoss 4.4. When prelisten output set to Stereo Split, this affected Broadcast streaming output !!! When prelisten, one channel go off on the broadcast !! I not tested RadioBoss 4.5 and not know about status of this error on 4.5 ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back