can't load stream in windows phone

DJC

Hi,

I recently got a windows 8.1 phone. I'm webcasting from the buit-in server, and using a no-ip adress. On ios devices i enter the adress and have no issue playing, the same goes with tunein as a personalized url.
Buto I can't do that on desktop nor on Windows Phone nor on tunein for windows phone. In desktop it starts to download, as if it was a data file. On windows phone it says it cannot play that kind of file (already tried different formats). I googled and got to this from someone at microsoft:

"Again we only support Microsoft proprietary streaming protocols HTTP streaming and RTSP out of the box.

This link:

http://indiespectrum.com:9000

is not using a streaming protocol. The media subsystem treats links like this as single file and performs progressive download. This can cause the file cache to grow indefinitely causing the cache to overflow (run out of disk space). Because of this you should still investigate creating a custom MediaStreamSource".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daniel

One of the solutiona would be to use Windows Media broadcasting in RadioBOSS in PULL mode. It will work similar compared to the Integrated server, and you'll have WMA stream which should be compatible with Windows Phone.

Thanks!

I'm having trouble though cause I get an error in output 1 error 37 no description.
Does this Windows Media strean runs in the built in server? Cause I know nothing about icecast or shoutcast.

I managed to set an Icecast2 server and it seems to work, at least with some apps, which is a good thing. I had to put a .m3u extension in the mountpoint.

DJC said:
I managed to set an Icecast2 server and it seems to work, at least with some apps, which is a good thing. I had to put a .m3u extension in the mountpoint.
Using Icecast server is a good solution. For extensions, it's better to use the actual broadcasting format extension, e.g. mp3.

Back