Overlay with Pause Playlist

Video Of Screen
Above you will find a video link of my screen.

in this recording , you will see :
1) checking to overlay boxes
2)the ads start on time and plays the entire bank
3)when the ads ads done , there are schedule programs , but it does not start ( 3pm )
4) the network stream resume from a pause position. and not starting the schedule program at 3pm.

Please specify what's not starting - some other event that is scheduled at 3pm, or the network stream? The video doesn't seem to provide any clues.

Please specify what's not starting - some other event that is scheduled at 3pm, or the network stream? The video doesn't seem to provide any clues.
I send you a whole video, showing you that i have check the overlay box, also checked the pause playlist box when ads are playing.

The network stream was playing, at 3pm the ads started , it completed the entire ads bank .

At 3pm when those ads play , there are schedule files to be played after the ads , but instead of plsying the files , radio boss unpause the network stream where it stop and played the network stream to the end of , then started the file that was schedule to start at 3pm .

Do u want another video to clarifying what am saying?

I send you a whole video, showing you that i have check the overlay box, also checked the pause playlist box when ads are playing.
On the video it doesn't show the start of the advert event so it's impossible to tell what's wrong there.

At 3pm when those ads play , there are schedule files to be played after the ads , but instead of plsying the files , radio boss unpause the network stream where it stop and played the network stream to the end of , then started the file that was schedule to start at 3pm .
The video doesn't show this.

I accidentally came across this Post, and wondered if its pertaining to the very same problem I am experiencing with an Event.
An event which uses Hours and Minutes.
At 3am instead of stopping and going straight back to the Playlist, it meanders on until at 3.53am when it suddenly decides its time to go back to the Playlist. And just why is not clear to me.
I am unsure whether or not to use Expiration/Disable Event and use 3am, but leaving it un-clicked as far as the date is concerned. I am afraid that it will do what it says, that it will DISABLE the Event completely, so the next day it no longer works.

However I note Expiration is available in Ver 6.1.2.1
BUT suddenly disappears from the latest Beta Ver 6.2
Picture attached to show the Event plus the Log.
RadioBOSS Screen re Events 18Jun2022.jpg
RadioBOSS Events No 2 18Jun2022.jpg

At 3am instead of stopping and going straight back to the Playlist, it meanders on until at 3.53am when it suddenly decides its time to go back to the Playlist. And just why is not clear to me.
I am unsure whether or not to use Expiration/Disable Event and use 3am, but leaving it un-clicked as far as the date is concerned. I am afraid that it will do what it says, that it will DISABLE the Event completely, so the next day it no longer works.
The Disable option will disable the event and it will no longer run until it's enabled manually.
Do you mean the network stream played for more than one hour after it was started at 2am?

There are some features built-into the program that just don't work.

For example the (1)overlay and (2 ) pause play
We were not yet able to reproduce this, I'm sorry.

The Disable option will disable the event and it will no longer run until it's enabled manually.
Do you mean the network stream played for more than one hour after it was started at 2am?
(1) Thank you. That does clarify for me what function DISABLE performs, and it is what I suspected it would do.
(2) Yes, that is what I mean. That the network stream continues playing after 3pm, at which point it should have stopped one hour after 2am.
In my original message I said it started back into the Playlist at 3.53am. Unfortunately Forum does not allow to Edit once I signed out, so I had to leave the time unchanged as 3.53am there.
The correct time should have been 3.50am.

Yes, that is what I mean. That the network stream continues playing after 3pm, at which point it should have stopped one hour after 2am.
In my original message I said it started back into the Playlist at 3.53am. Unfortunately Forum does not allow to Edit once I signed out, so I had to leave the time unchanged as 3.53am there.
The correct time should have been 3.50am.
Then this is a different problem - not with events, but something has to do with network streams. I see one possibility for the network stream to behave like this: another event was started, that paused the network stream playback, and while it was paused, the playback time was not counted (as it's not playing), that's why network stream finished later.

Then this is a different problem - not with events, but something has to do with network streams. I see one possibility for the network stream to behave like this: another event was started, that paused the network stream playback, and while it was paused, the playback time was not counted (as it's not playing), that's why network stream finished later.
New events - would this not be obvious from the Log ? That an event pushed the streaming back to the Playlist ?
The only Event/s happening are Sweepers which are just scheduled and then disappear once their time is up. Because the Events Sweepers are expecting the normal Playlist to be there, not the streaming.

This morning I happened to be awake and actually heard it switch over.
The time once again was precisely 3.50am. So obviously this is a daily pattern.
Something is wrong with the Streaming Event which should be ceasing at 3am, as the the Event Box for 3am is not ticked for it to continue.

Would it be something to do with the #3600
Should it be #600 instead (being 10 mins)
I have never been sure with what to put there, if anything, as the streaming is every 10 mins just in case the stream breaks down. I was originally going to make it every 5 mins, but decided to use 10 mins.
It works extremely well and effectively in recovering stream breakdowns.
I mention #3600 as it is precisely 1 hour after the last stream timing of '50' in the event.
Do we need a #3600 or #600 inserted at all perhaps, as it just doesn't tie in with the the need for a time in the event due to the fact that Hours/Minutes takes over instead ?

Would it be something to do with the #3600
Should it be #600 instead (being 10 mins)
It specifies the duration of the stream once it starts playing. #3600 means one hour, but I suggest you to set it using the UI - press the Edit button in the event and it will bring the stream input window when you can set its duration in the convenient h:m:s format.

Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 6.1.2.1? If not please try it to see if the stream duration bug is there. At this moment we can't confirm this bug.

Yes, I am using RB 6.1.2.1 which is on-air.
Over the last few days I have tried several settings.
(1) The first removing the #3600. The streaming after 3am just rolled on until another event occurred at 6am.
(2) Changing to #600. This was successful and worked. The event stopped at 3am.

I will try the same event out in Ver 6.2 and report back on what happens.
Ver 6.2 is now on my experimental computer and won't be used on-air until all bugs are worked out.

(1) The first removing the #3600. The streaming after 3am just rolled on until another event occurred at 6am.
Removing the duration modifier will make it play until it's interrupted or disconnected.

(2) Changing to #600. This was successful and worked. The event stopped at 3am.
This is 10 minutes duration. When did the event start, at 2:50?

This is 10 minutes duration. When did the event start, at 2:50?
Yes, it started at 2.50am.
10 mins ties in with the 00,10,20,30,40,50 mins in the hour of 2am.
The actual event started at the 2am hour and renewed every 10 mins.

Yes, it started at 2.50am.
10 mins ties in with the 00,10,20,30,40,50 mins in the hour of 2am.
The actual event started at the 2am hour and renewed every 10 mins.
I think you can make it run for 60 minutes and start at 2am, it will end at 3am.

I think you can make it run for 60 minutes and start at 2am, it will end at 3am.
I take it you mean by using #0 which also works fine (in conjunction with 00,10,20,30,40,50) ?
If you are saying to use one hour without the 10 min re-renewal, then that is the very thing I am wanting to avoid, streaming disconnects during the hour and then you end up waiting to get to the top of the next hour to get back to normal streaming again.
What I am doing is now working extremely well with both #0 and #600, its solving the problem that I wanted to overcome.

take it you mean by using #0 which also works fine (in conjunction with 00,10,20,30,40,50) ?
#0 means "unlimited" - that is it will play until the stream ends, disconnects, or is interrupted by another track/event. There is a big difference compared to when the duration is specified: it will not reconnect to the disconnected stream with "unlimited" duration.

If you are saying to use one hour without the 10 min re-renewal, then that is the very thing I am wanting to avoid, streaming disconnects during the hour and then you end up waiting to get to the top of the next hour to get back to normal streaming again.
If it disconnects it will auto-reconnect, making several attempts. Only if they all fail, it will move on to the next track.

Back