RadioBOSS 4.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I have a Scheduled playlist and I selected for it to be deleted at 1am yesterday, but it never deleted. Just wanted to let you guys know about this bug.

What is worng with the new release? I just downloaded the new radioboss and it keeps crashing. I have turned it on 3 times now, and when i come back in a few hours I see that Radioboss is not respondign and gives the the option to close it. This has happened three times now. Anyone else getting this issue? I never had this issue with past versions.

I haven't seen any errors on the test computers here. You should try installing it to a different folder. Also, are you using the beta version or released?

Hey Djsoft

on this new stable release of radioboss

when you listen to music or show archives files on it through your winamp player

the sound is all staticy

so what could be wrong then

thanks

nyankee said:
djsoft said:
nyankee said:
when will we be able to change the name for all connections. every cast just copies the same info for the station as the other outputs.
You mean, name connections in the list, or?

When you go to Settings -> Preferences -> brodcast (name, description, URL, genre, ect.. for output 1 output 2 ect...

basicaly the information for the station that is being broadcasted. All outputs share the same information so they are all provide the same info, and the only thing you can change is the top part fo the brocast page bibrate ect..

Will it ever be possible have different information on all the outputs? that way someone can have different radio stations with different names from the same radioboss. The music would be the same but you could have different radiostations with different names.

Is this now next in line on the next update?

Hello,

We have been operating the beta version continuously for about 2 weeks and it has crashed three times with the following error message:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: radioboss.exe
  Application Version: 4.5.0.733
  Application Timestamp: 4d6e7a2a
  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7ba58
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 000332ff
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 3081
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Are you aware of this and has it been addressed with the latest release ?

Thanks, Jamie C.

I support nyankee in his request.
I too have a need for every broadcast to have totally individual information, rather than the bulk way it is at the moment.
Something along the lines of Edcast and the way they do it, would be much better.

Well done with the Final Release...it seems to be operating extremely well. Quite an improvement over your previous final releases. Remove gaps is working vastly better now that it is db based, and cross-mixing is sounding much better as a result to my ears.

Just some small requests for the next Beta:

(1) Could you please indicate in the Crossfades Tab, the basis of the units, that is, time or db. The way it is leaves you unsure and guessing. Or maybe there should be both options available in here perhaps ?
Is there any connection or co-relation between this Tab and Playback/Miscellaneous/Remove Gaps Between Tracks ? That is, do they both operate together, or does one over-ride the other, or are they just plain independant ?
(2) In Scheduler, could you please add in a line "Do not action this event when Playlist is in Stop Mode". And subaction box : "Activate upon resumption of Playlist". This is to stop RB suddenly doing something, or starting up, when you are in the midst of talking on-air.
(3) We need to do some work on the mixing point (db based) and how best to determine what this should be. This is rather than using Remove Gaps to solely determine it, or time basing it (which is too crude, but none the less preferred by some users).

bobby said:
the sound is all staticy

This is mismatch of sampling rates and is a particular problem with Windows 7. Its not a RadioBoss problem, and you will need to adjust the sampling rates within Volume Mixer for each product so they match...not an easy task......so good luck.

bobby said:
when you listen to music or show archives files on it through your winamp player

the sound is all staticy
Is it happening when you play files in RadioBOSS itself, or when you play a broadcast created in RadioBOSS using some other player?

radiodungog said:
Hello,

We have been operating the beta version continuously for about 2 weeks and it has crashed three times with the following error message:
Are you aware of this and has it been addressed with the latest release ?
There were some fixes in the released version (RadioBOSS 4.5.0.735) which improve stability, so you should update it.

DJSTU said:
I support nyankee in his request.
I too have a need for every broadcast to have totally individual information, rather than the bulk way it is at the moment.
Something along the lines of Edcast and the way they do it, would be much better.
This was supposed to be done in the RadioBOSS 4.5 but there was not enough time to finish it before release... 100% it will appear in the 4.5.1 update very soon.

DJSTU said:
(1) Could you please indicate in the Crossfades Tab, the basis of the units, that is, time or db. The way it is leaves you unsure and guessing. Or maybe there should be both options available in here perhaps ?
Is there any connection or co-relation between this Tab and Playback/Miscellaneous/Remove Gaps Between Tracks ? That is, do they both operate together, or does one over-ride the other, or are they just plain independant ?
The Gap Remove faature and Crossfades are totally independent (well, not totally, see below).
- Gap Remover just checks the level at beginning/end of track and removes everything below threshold.
- Units on the Crossfade tab are "seconds". Crossfading works similar to what's defined here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossfade_(audio_engineering)#Crossfading

DJSTU said:
(2) In Scheduler, could you please add in a line "Do not action this event when Playlist is in Stop Mode". And subaction box : "Activate upon resumption of Playlist". This is to stop RB suddenly doing something, or starting up, when you are in the midst of talking on-air.
There's an option to turn scheduler off, located above the list. Or, it's not enough?

DJSTU said:
(3) We need to do some work on the mixing point (db based) and how best to determine what this should be. This is rather than using Remove Gaps to solely determine it, or time basing it (which is too crude, but none the less preferred by some users).
The crossfading in RadioBOSS works after Gap Remover. That means, if you have 3 seconds overlap (Mix point), those 3 seconds will be not from "physical" end of file, but from point where level is above Gap Remover's threshold. So, crossfading takes into account amount of silence at the end of track.

Scheme, mix point is set to "3 seconds" on the crossfades tab:
[-----xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxx--------] - music track
                                            |       |
                                          MIX      |silence (8 seconds) determined by gap killer
                                            |3sec.|
                                            |11sec "effective" mix time

djsoft said:
There's an option to turn scheduler off, located above the list. Or, it's not enough?
No, thats not enough. It would be a hassle to remember to turn it off and back on every time you do a live break. Events activate whilst in stop mode and its a pain having an item blasting out whilst live on-air.
But if you stopped a scheduled item from happening whilst in stop mode, then you also need to retain the option to have it happen again when the Playlist is resumed, hence Box No 2. As well probably the scheduled item would have to have priority over the Playlist track playing to ensure that the scheduled item does not play at the same time as a playlist track.
If you were to create such a delay box, then I personally would probably tick it for every scheduled item that I do to ensure that nothing activated whilst live.

djsoft said:
Units on the Crossfade tab are "seconds".
Could you please show in the Tab then that these units are seconds, so its quite clear what the measurement being used is ?

DJSTU said:
djsoft said:
No, thats not enough. It would be a hassle to remember to turn it off and back on every time you do a live break. Events activate whilst in stop mode and its a pain having an item blasting out whilst live on-air.
But if you stopped a scheduled item from happening whilst in stop mode, then you also need to retain the option to have it happen again when the Playlist is resumed, hence Box No 2. As well probably the scheduled item would have to have priority over the Playlist track playing to ensure that the scheduled item does not play at the same time as a playlist track.
If you were to create such a delay box, then I personally would probably tick it for every scheduled item that I do to ensure that nothing activated whilst live.
Do you want events which were passed while playlist wasn't playing be launched once playback is started? This may lead to some problems when several, like 3-5 events, starting at the same time... Or it should just skip events?

DJSTU said:
djsoft said:
Units on the Crossfade tab are "seconds".
Could you please show in the Tab then that these units are seconds, so its quite clear what the measurement being used is ?
Yes, this will be done of course.

About crossfading. Do you think that current scheme (time based points+silence remover based on dB level) is good enough?

Thanks.

Hey staff

when i created my new server information in the in-built broadcast feature on the stable version of radioboss

it would show a error message and not connect to my server at all

so can you guys fix that please

thanks

Hey djsoft

take a look at this screenshot

about that error message

Attachments

• dj broadcasting problem.png
    dj broadcasting problem.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 580
That's strange. Please download and install this version: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_4.5_d.exe
It's the same, but contains more complex error messages. When it gives you an error, please send a report to djsoft@djsoft.net. Thanks!

Hi There,

I have noticed this some time ago but only now it has become quite important to me. When using Scheduler on time and day you can set the time as Hours, Minutes and Seconds but when you go to the hour's tick boxes to select certain hours it only has Hours and Minutes. It would be very useful to be able to have Seconds on this part too as somethings for me need to be set at certain seconds.

Another thing about the Scheduler i was wondering if there is or could be a way for Radioboss to turn the Scheduler on and off at set times to work around some shows.

The "seconds" will be added in the RadioBOSS 4.5.2 (the changes list for 4.5.1 version is full already :)).

Turning scheduler on/of is a good idea, but it's not that easy. If we add feature to turn on scheduler while it's off, there will be no way to turn off the scheduler completely...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back