RadioBOSS 4.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
waiting for next update with patient because i cant anymore use RadioBoss :( .Btw is there anyway to make only update only a questiuon or we have to download every time a hole installer a patch for the installer will be good i dont know ,remember also the password protection:) djsoft wish u the BEST.

radium98 said:
waiting for next update with patient because i cant anymore use RadioBoss :( .Btw is there anyway to make only update only a questiuon or we have to download every time a hole installer a patch for the installer will be good i dont know ,remember also the password protection:) djsoft wish u the BEST.
It's easier to update whole program than to make patches. Patching makes sense when install size is about 500Mb or more. It's not necessary for 15Mb software :)
The update will be tomorrow.

It might seem from the reports coming back to you Djsoft that the new waveform isn't performing as expected perhaps ? Well I just wanted to let you know that this isn't the case with all of us, that I'm not experiencing any problems whatsoever with the new waveform, and this is using 2 computers on Win7 and WinXP. Its working extremely well, so this would suggest its the users computers are most probably the cause of their problem/s, and its not anything to do with the software itself.
May I also say that I like the addition of the waveform, its a novel idea not used on any other software that I have tried, and I can see practical uses for it. Well done Djsoft for coming up with the idea !
So I certainly wouldn't like to see it go now that its arrived, but the option of being able to turn it on or off is probably a good idea for those whose computers/video cards can't handle it, or where they are personally not keen on it.

@radium98
I think perhaps you forget that this is BETA software, and therefore subject to various developmental problems, which the end user experiences and reports back on to those writing the software.
You shouldn't be reliant on the software performing as though its released software. If you are, then its a problem of your own making. Your demanding is a bit unfair on the developers ! Its Beta, so expect errors !
Why don't you install each release independent of the previous one. Sure, its a bit more work, but it means that if a release doesn't work to your satisfaction, then you can dump it and revert back to the old one.
It's much better way of handling it, than, installing new releases over the top of previous ones and encountering unexpected problems.

DJSTU Of course it won't be removed, as I like it very much, and anyone to whom I had shown it, like it too. I didn't get any problems or performance issues on machines I have here (slowest is 2800Mhz with some very old GeForce card)... it may be some driver issue or old libraries in Windows. I'll come up with solution within couple of days.

Beta is beta. There wouldn't be any progress in software development if we won't do any experiments, technology changes, optimizations, etc... Many thanks for everyone who spend time testing it, it's really helpful! The problems or bugs is just a part of process :)

djsoft said:
DJSTU I didn't get any problems or performance issues on machines I have here (slowest is 2800Mhz with some very old GeForce card)...
I've included some screenshots of performance to assist troubleshooting.

FYI My system is Pentium 4, 2.66GHz, 2GB Ram and all testing is done on this one machine.

EDIT

The first pic is version 694, with audio running for approx 30 seconds
The second is version 701, with audio running for approx 120 seconds  (Note the Task Manager display freezes relative to the first pic)

Audio stutters when loading the first audio file in 701, but does not appear to have the same problem for subsequent audio.

Attachments

• 694 Open - Start - Play.PNG
    694 Open - Start - Play.PNG
    77.6 KB · Views: 492
  • 701 Open - Start - Play - Task Manager Freezes - Timer Display Slow.PNG
    701 Open - Start - Play - Task Manager Freezes - Timer Display Slow.PNG
    85.6 KB · Views: 527
WAVEFORM
Djsoft...Please take a look at the attached pic.
I just want to bring to your attention several anomalies, which may be explainable, or, maybe they are bugs:

(1) The waveforms for the same song between TrackTool and Playing ON_AIR don't look like each other in their outline formation. I feel that the TrackTool one is probably the one closer to the real thing, and the on-air one is NOT really representative of the songs actual waveform (it appears flattened).
Also, I realise, the one in the on-air section is very stretched out, which would also help to make it look different (perhaps).
One other song that I looked at in TrackTool (but can't find it now to show you) had one serious peak at the Top and one serious peak at the Bottom. Yet in the on-air, it showed as 3 serious peaks at the top and 3 serious peaks at the bottom.

(2) The end BLUE in the track being played seems way bigger than its actual size in TrackTool. In tracktool the difference between the end and the actual length of the song is 2.25 secs, but the Blue would indicate its way bigger than that. Perhaps the on-air Blue is representing the "Remove Gaps Between Tracks" settings rather than Tracktool ?

Would be interested in your comments.
LATER EDIT
Looks like part of our answer lies in the 2nd smaller pic showing the FX screen where it shows the END is 7.85 secs.

Attachments

• RadioBoss WaveScreen 05Feb11.png
    RadioBoss WaveScreen 05Feb11.png
    304.4 KB · Views: 549
  • RadioBoss Waveform 06Feb11.png
    RadioBoss Waveform 06Feb11.png
    69 KB · Views: 542
Chris Diack said:
Audio stutters when loading the first audio file in 701, but does not appear to have the same problem for subsequent audio.
Thanks for the info. It seems that performance depends on video card only: if video hardware acceleration is disabled, or if video card doesn't have that h/w acceleration - the CPU load will be somewhere between 70-100% as on your screenshot (otherwise it will be 0-2% because video card does all the work).
It's optimized again, and now takes almost no CPU to redraw (even when run under virtual machine) - the release will be later today with some other fixes.

DJSTU said:
(1) The waveforms for the same song between TrackTool and Playing ON_AIR don't look like each other in their outline formation. I feel that the TrackTool one is probably the one closer to the real thing, and the on-air one is NOT really representative of the songs actual waveform (it appears flattened).
Also, I realise, the one in the on-air section is very stretched out, which would also help to make it look different (perhaps).
That's the only reason it could look differently. To compare the waveforms it's better to make them have same width.
The file reading and drawing algorithms are exactly the same between track tool and waveform (the difference is the drawing method, but it can't alter the resulting image).
Also, because of rounding/truncation errors (the "Now playing bar" is narrower compared to Track Tool display) - some peaks can be lost or become bigger/smaller. But... no one promised that waveform will be 100% correct :) It just shows the general image of track.

DJSTU said:
One other song that I looked at in TrackTool (but can't find it now to show you) had one serious
peak at the Top and one serious peak at the Bottom. Yet in the on-air, it showed as 3 serious peaks at the top and 3 serious peaks at the bottom.
If you have tracks which displays completely different between Track Tool and waveform, please send it to support@djsoft.net for analysis.

DJSTU said:
(2) The end BLUE in the track being played seems way bigger than its actual size in TrackTool. In tracktool the difference between the end and the actual length of the song is 2.25 secs, but the Blue would indicate its way bigger than that. Perhaps the on-air Blue is representing the "Remove Gaps Between Tracks" settings rather than Tracktool ?

Would be interested in your comments.
LATER EDIT
Looks like part of our answer lies in the 2nd smaller pic showing the FX screen where it shows the END is 7.85 secs.
Yes, the blue section shows the start of fade out - it also takes into account the Gap-killer results. So, the blue line size = silence at the end + fade out time.

RadioBOSS 4.5.0.706 Released!
http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.5_beta.exe
Changes:
- Now it's possible to switch the "On air" visualization mode by clicking middle mouse button on it or via Settings->View; Possible modes are: No visualization, Spectrum, Waveform.
- Fixed performance issues when using the Waveform mode.

RadioBOSS 4.5.0.706
I'm afraid this latest update has been a disaster for me soundwise.
(1) Playback on my Behringer USB soundcard is now dead silence, the on-air shows its playing,there's a waveform, there is no movement showing on the Win7 mixer vu meter.
(2) When I switch to the Mobo soundcard, I get sound, but its gurgling.. music !
I have checked the Behringer via RadioBoss Ver 701 and another automation program and its working just fine. Only on the new 706 is it playing up.
LATER UPDATE
I've found the problem with the Behringer. Even tho I checked for this earlier (also a mystery coz it clearly wasn't muted - the very thing I was looking for. The only change I made was going from 48000 to 44100 to see if that would have any affect), whats happening is that RadioBoss 706 has reverted to muting the sound.
EVEN LATER UPDATE
I rechecked problem No 2, and now its no longer happening ! This is another mystery, and I apologise for having drawn it to your attention without having done several re-tests.

DJSTU said:
RadioBOSS 4.5.0.706
I'm afraid this latest update has been a disaster for me soundwise.
(1) Playback on my Behringer USB soundcard is now dead silence, the on-air shows its playing,there's a waveform, there is no movement showing on the Win7 mixer vu meter.
(2) When I switch to the Mobo soundcard, I get sound, but its gurgling.. music !
I have checked the Behringer via RadioBoss Ver 701 and another automation program and its working just fine. Only on the new 706 is it playing up.
For some weird reason Windows mutes the sound for RB application. You can click the sound icon in the system tray and unmute it... as a temporary solution.

An update released which solved this issue. 4.5.0.708: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.5_beta.exe

DJSTU said:
I rechecked problem No 2, and now its no longer happening ! This is another mystery, and I apologise for having drawn it to your attention without having done several re-tests.
Nice that it's gone :) Bugs like this are very hard to catch, especially when it happens very rarely.

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 4.5.0.706 Released!
Changes:
- Now it's possible to switch the "On air" visualization mode by clicking middle mouse button on it or via Settings->View; Possible modes are: No visualization, Spectrum, Waveform.
- Fixed performance issues when using the Waveform mode.

hello djsoft, by default a middle mouse click is associated to the 'task switch' same as a 'alt+tab' from the keyboard (at least with windows 7), my ideas, contextual menu on the right click with the possibility to chose wave, spectrum or nothing (3 mutual excluded items), for seeking in the current played song 'ctrl + left arrow', 'ctrl + right arrow' (but i still don't understand how this feature can be useful, anyway somebody required it)

another thing, after change the 'on-air' visualization mode in setting, preferences, view, a restart of RB is required?

regards, Paolo

nexus.vi said:
hello djsoft, by default a middle mouse click is associated to the 'task switch' same as a 'alt+tab' from the keyboard (at least with windows 7),
Strange defaults you have. The only task switches keys for Vista or 7 are: Alt+Tab and Win+Tab.
It's definitely your mouse driver which provides this "feature". Many software apps have something binded to Middle-click, for example, Opera/Firefox/IE to open link in a new tab.

nexus.vi said:
my ideas, contextual menu on the right click with the possibility to chose wave, spectrum or nothing (3 mutual excluded items), for seeking in the current played song 'ctrl + left arrow', 'ctrl + right arrow' (but i still don't understand how this feature can be useful, anyway somebody required it)
Context menu will require 2 click to perform an operation, while middle-click will require only one :)
Seeking via arrows is not very good. Imagine you want to seek 60 minutes track from start to end... You'll need to hold the ctrl+arrow for a long time.

nexus.vi said:
another thing, after change the 'on-air' visualization mode in setting, preferences, view, a restart of RB is required?
Paolo
It's a bug, will be fixed - changes will be applied instantly.

I AGREE.

RadioBOSS 4.5.0.715 Released!
Changes:
- Possible to select sample freq and channels (mono/stereo) for each encoder in broadcasting
- Added a button to toolbar (Earth icon) to turn on/off broadcasting
* to avoid resampling and save some (little) CPU time, it's recommended to use the same samplerate for the Mixer (Playback->Mixer samplerate) and encoders.

Hello Djsoft
There are no indicators to show what the form of measurements are that are being used in Autoamp (AGC) ?
So could you tell me please what scale/s of measurement the settings are based on ? Or better perhaps, show in the actual AGC what they are ?
For instance, Target Level of 1.00 appears to be 0db and 0.98 appears to be approx -2db and so on. I'm judging this using the FX vu meter which in turn does not indicate what its own scale of measurement is (and I'm presuming it is db levels), but its also hard to judge because the vu meter has a very quick floating top level, rather than a slow moving one to indicate the peak.
I'm asking because in a commercial environment, we would normally always use db levels for anything to do with software and/or hardware, to maintain that constant relativity.
What I'm asking for is exactly like what is in the Compressor which is clearly spelt out (the exception being Ratio, but I happen to know all about that from using hardware compressors, but thats me and not others).

Information Tag - PlayCount and LastPlay
I think this is a bug that may only apply to Win 7. It doesn't seem to be happening in Win XP.
In Win 7
Unless a track has been looked at in Tracktool (and I mean looked at, not necessarily changed in any way, just looked at and the OK button pressed), RB ignores updating the Playcount, Last Play information when it comes up in the playlist.
Once you have looked at/changed something in Tracktool, everything is fine and works, as it should do.

A Suggestion Only
Now this is my idea only and I'm bringing it up so as to solve a problem I'm having.
I cannot see a way of determining visually (and quickly) if I have already processed a song in Tracktool.
Would it be possible in some way to change the music symbol in the playlist somehow so as to show, YES this song has been already processed in Tracktool and I don't need to look at it again. Maybe its a new track that I didn't realise hasn't been touched by tracktool, so when I see the old symbol I then know it needs to be checked ?
Maybe just a different music symbol or something to show there's been a change ?
Maybe others might like to add their thoughts on this request ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back