RadioBOSS 4.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for everyone! :)

saucerfoot, seeking with right click is the only option now, and I see no difference between clicking left or right mouse button. Also, seeking is done very rarely (and usually it's not done at all) while broadcasting. Think about it.

I agree. I have trained many nervous and curious announcers in my time. By making it right click only, we are safeguarding against trainee announcers who want to explore the system while they are on air.  :)

Nice changes in the latest version! I love the colour song display at the top.

djsoft said:
nyankee said:
Will it ever be possible have different information on all the outputs? that way someone can have different radio stations with different names from the same radioboss. The music would be the same but you could have different radiostations with different names.
Ok, this will be added. It'll be possible to set an "override" for each encoder if you need different info for it. Thanks for idea.

will this be added in 4.5?

nyankee said:
djsoft said:
nyankee said:
Will it ever be possible have different information on all the outputs? that way someone can have different radio stations with different names from the same radioboss. The music would be the same but you could have different radiostations with different names.
Ok, this will be added. It'll be possible to set an "override" for each encoder if you need different info for it. Thanks for idea.
will this be added in 4.5?
Yes. In the next update.

James Totton said:
I agree. I have trained many nervous and curious announcers in my time. By making it right click only, we are safeguarding against trainee announcers who want to explore the system while they are on air.  :)
It's a nice time to explore system while on air :) In one of the next updates the password protection will be added for settings, playback control, scheduler changes etc. It should also help to protect the system.

Nice for hearing that good work best wishes for next release update ,one thing if u can return the seek bar please thank u .

There's one seeking bar - you can right-click on the green "On air" block. Why do you need another seeking bar???

RadioBOSS 4.5.0.694 Released!
http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.5_beta.exe
Changes:
- Added Space bar hot key in the Music Library
- Music Library optimized and now works several times faster with large number of tracks
- Fixed "Range check error" when using Shuffle
- Fixed Playlist Generator Pro language
- New fields in the Broadcast area: AIM, IRC
- New hot keys: F1-F8 for Explorer, Search, etc
- Hot keys to insert from Search: +, -

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 4.5.0.694 Released!
Changes:
- Added Space bar hot key in the Music Library

Thank you for the latest updates... but where is the Space bar hot key, or am I to understand that you have included it as an action, which allows the use of Space Bar to Start audio, Stop audio and move to next audio event... all of which is good, but the naming/labelling (or lack of it) may be ambiguous.

While on the subject of the Music Library, may I offer these suggestions

As per the pic below:

1) Replace "Prelisten" with 2) "Device"
3) Change syntax of "Do not add blank tag files" to "Do not add files with blank tags"
4) Add a field and/or box which counts files without tags and displays this information.

I am aware or assume, that the play device for the music library can be determined in Settings/Playback/Devices/Auxilliary Outputs, which is, in fact another name for 2nd device.

Am I correct in this assumption?

Attachments

• Music Folder 09.PNG
    Music Folder 09.PNG
    88.4 KB · Views: 518
Chris Diack said:
Thank you for the latest updates... but where is the Space bar hot key, or am I to understand that you have included it as an action, which allows the use of Space Bar to Start audio, Stop audio and move to next audio event... all of which is good, but the naming/labelling (or lack of it) may be ambiguous.
Space Bar works only in Music Library and not in RadioBOSS.

Chris Diack said:
1) Replace "Prelisten" with 2) "Device"
3) Change syntax of "Do not add blank tag files" to "Do not add files with blank tags"
4) Add a field and/or box which counts files without tags and displays this information.
Ok, scheduled this for the next update.

Chris Diack said:
I am aware or assume, that the play device for the music library can be determined in Settings/Playback/Devices/Auxilliary Outputs, which is, in fact another name for 2nd device.

Am I correct in this assumption?
Auxiliary Outputs are additional devices for the "Main Output". This allows playback on several cards simultaneously. "Prelisten Device" is the second device and that's what used for Music Library output.
The layout of Playback settings will be changed in the future to make this more clear.

Hey djsoft

I would like to request that the old seek bar comes back please

because my hands can't work that well with the new seek bar at all

thanks

Hey djsoft

why don 't you understand that my hands go very weird when i click the right mouse button all the time on this new seek bar

I liked the old seek bar alot, it was much easier for me to control okay

so why can't you just bring back the old seek bar please

because you are hurting my feelings about this now

RadioBOSS 4.5.0.701 Released!
Changes:
- Silence Detector now triggers only if playback was started before; and doesn't after playback was stopped
- The "Now playing" bar shows track waveform
- Broadcasting stats window redesigned; added button to the toolbar to show stats
- Fixed some bugs

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 4.5.0.701 Released!
Changes:
- Silence Detector now triggers only if playback was started before; and doesn't after playback was stopped
- Broadcasting stats window redesigned; added button to the toolbar to show stats
- Fixed some bugs

Is this beta, or the actual release for 4.5?  was the feature added to name all outputs differently?

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 4.5.0.701 Released!Changes:
- Fixed some bugs
It is appreciated that various additions are made to RadioBoss in response to potential users requests, however it is with the greatest respect that I suggest that superimposing a waveform over the progress bar is irrelevant.

In a real world situation this addition is IMHO an unnecessary use of CPU and somewhat distracting.

There is a waveform display in Tracktool which serves a most useful purpose, but when it comes to the day to day use of RadioBoss as an excellent, simple playout system, the waveform graphics in playout mode serves no satisfactory purpose as I see it.

Additionally it seems to give my humble computer conniptions, but that is a problem of my own and not of RadioBoss.

Please accept my criticism as constructive.

nyankee said:
Is this beta, or the actual release for 4.5?  was the feature added to name all outputs differently?
It's still beta. For broadcasting encoders, we will add the Sample Freq and Channels settings. Maybe "Station info override" too. I can't promise the latter, maybe it'll go in the 4.5.1.

Chris Diack said:
In a real world situation this addition is IMHO an unnecessary use of CPU and somewhat distracting.
It doesn't use much CPU/memory, the waveform display is well optimized. Also, it's processed in the background, so it has absolutely no interference with UI or playback engine. Nothing to worry about :)
I had some requests to display waveform during playback (the first request was in 2008) - and it's finally added. In the next update the waveform can be turned off from the Settings window.
BTW, just tried to turn it off, and the "Now Playing" looks very empty and like it's not completed...

The "Now playing" bar shows track waveform when adding that radioboss lag a lot please remove it or test it deeply any other having this trouble i cant use it anymore please test it deeply before release lagging and lagging

radium98 said:
The "Now playing" bar shows track waveform when adding that radioboss lag a lot please remove it or test it deeply any other having this trouble i cant use it anymore please test it deeply before release lagging and lagging
Yes, it seems that rendering of waveform relies on video card capabilities and sometimes can cause lagging. Already received reports about it. If will be improved in the next update, and as I said, an option will be added to turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back