RadioBOSS 4.9 - Erratic Performance

Dmitry,

We are noticing some erratic performance with version 4.9 that we cannot explain.

1. A sponsor block (playlist of 3 adverts, inserted once every 4 hours) was inserted automatically by the scheduler.  The adverts went to air correctly and immediately afterwards three Guns N Roses songs were played which were the same title song but different file locations.  These songs were not in the playlist or any playlist.

2. The column layout of the scheduler doesn't "stick" and remain constant.  It seems to change when you log out and log in on the desktop on Windows.  This means the columns appear in different orders with different headings in the columns.

3. Colour highlighting on the playlist for different filetypes works then suddenly stops working for one filetype which we have tagged as Jingle.

4. Track information at the bottom of the playlist screen is squashed up and truncated - therefore not allowing all info to be displayed correctly.

5. Settings > Options > View > Force 24h clock selected .... Playlist times display 12 hour AM/PM clock

I hope you can help,  Jamie C.

Hello.
Another problem with RB 4.9:
Recently I noticed that sometimes when an event is about to run CPU consumption by RB rises to 35%. then turn off and went back to the scheduler and the CPU usage is normalized.

radiodungog
1. Can you please provide more information on this? Eg. screenshots, reports... RB will never play tracks which are not in the playlist or not started by scheduler. Maybe there was an event which started those?

2. Do you log in/out locally or you use remote desktop connection? Are you using any programs like desktop or shell enhancers?

3. Can you please show the screenshot of "Jingle" file type settings and how does it look in the playlist?

4. A screenshot would be helpful here too. The information tab is resized together with RB window as well as text blocks in it.

5. Looks like a bug - will be fixed.

nelson c said:
Recently I noticed that sometimes when an event is about to run CPU consumption by RB rises to 35%. then turn off and went back to the scheduler and the CPU usage is normalized.
I think it's not a problem - when event starts, it has to read a track or playlist from disk (or do the other task the event supposed to do). It's OK that CPU is loaded during this.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
so the time annoucement overlay player freezes up
Can you please give more information on this?

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
I think it's not a problem - when event starts, it has to read a track or playlist from disk (or do the other task the event supposed to do). It's OK that CPU is loaded during this.
This happened in the seconds before executing the event (at the time in which the panel "Next" was flashing in red). It went back to see it happen the same in return. but I will be careful.

nelson c said:
This happened in the seconds before executing the event (at the time in which the panel "Next" was flashing in red). It went back to see it happen the same in return. but I will be careful.
Does this CPU load cause any problems?

No, but the pc seemed to be saturated. For example audio bars RB were not moving properly. and we are talking about an i3 processor.

nelson c said:
No, but the pc seemed to be saturated. For example audio bars RB were not moving properly. and we are talking about an i3 processor.
Audio bars in RB can become slow for a short time when it starts the next track, I think that's what you're seeing. I dont think it's a problem... Anyway, in the future RB will preload tracks in the background and the problem will be gone.

We have the time announcements and then the station id that runs right after it. there is like three seconds between the time annoucement and the station id in the schedule

Attachments

• log1.png
    log1.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 543
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Audio bars in RB can become slow for a short time when it starts the next track, I think that's what you're seeing. I dont think it's a problem... Anyway, in the future RB will preload tracks in the background and the problem will be gone.
Ok, this is a very good idea.
PC under heavy load, sometimes slow to load and therefore not performed crossfader, or are different from the values ??specified.

nelson c said:
PC under heavy load, sometimes slow to load and therefore not performed crossfader, or are different from the values ??specified.
Do you mean it's constantly heavily loaded eg. you're running another programs on it?

I've just checked the testing PC running on Core i3 with 2Gb RAM -  RadioBOSS works without problems there.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
We have the time announcements and then the station id that runs right after it. there is like three seconds between the time annoucement and the station id in the schedule
First time you've said that time announcement freezes the player - do you mean that it freezes it for 3 seconds?
Another question - this is an automatic time announcement or just an mp3 file?

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Do you mean it's constantly heavily loaded eg. you're running another programs on it?

I've just checked the testing PC running on Core i3 with 2Gb RAM -  RadioBOSS works without problems there.
I feel in this case the crossfader, I meant the other pc we have, which has a Intel Atom, in which case these problems.

In the main pc radio has an i3 2120 and 4 gb of ram (2.85 usable by being windows 32 bit), works perfect, just happened this cpu consumption exes, but nothing more serious.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
First time you've said that time announcement freezes the player - do you mean that it freezes it for 3 seconds?
Another question - this is an automatic time announcement or just an mp3 file?
[/quote]

no, no the player freezes and doesn't go away so nothing else plays not even the playlist. This is the automatic time announcement i downloaded from the link on the website.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
no, no the player freezes and doesn't go away so nothing else plays not even the playlist. This is the automatic time announcement i downloaded from the link on the website.
If you manually start the time announcement event, will it freeze? Also try adding time announcement to the playlist and start its playback, let me know if it freezes there.

no it doesn't freeze only in the overlay player. It actually freezes at 5am from what i am seeing. Every morning at 5am the overlay player just doesn't closes out and hense it doesn't return to the play list. RB just stop playing until I go in and click cancel on the player then everything starts working anything until the following morning at the very same time again.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
no it doesn't freeze only in the overlay player. It actually freezes at 5am from what i am seeing. Every morning at 5am the overlay player just doesn't closes out and hense it doesn't return to the play list. RB just stop playing until I go in and click cancel on the player then everything starts working anything until the following morning at the very same time again.
OK. Can you please show a screenshot of an event which starts the time announcement?

Action Radio 95.1 said:
This is one of the errors i get when the time announcement runs.
Looks like it's completely frozen.
Please give more information:
- a screenshot of an event which starts an announcement
- what voice are you using

Back