RadioBOSS 6.1 [beta]

Hi Dmitry,

It's weird, as I said you don't see any plugin, not even the ones that RadioBOSS brings by default in the x64 version. Stereo Tool DSP plugin was downloaded from the official website which provides an .exe that then installs a .dll. With the previous versions I had no problem seeing and installing it.

Anyone else using Windows 11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.348 x64 bits who can shed light on this issue?
A lot of program still will now work on Windows 11 I would wait 6 to 10 months before switching to it.

Last edited:
A lot of program still will now work on Windows 11 I would wait 6 to 10 months before switching to it.
I know that, Windows 11 is still very new, but if they are going to launch a new version of RB I think it might be time to adapt it to the new OS .. It is my humble opinion ...

I mark some errors that come from previous versions:

- very close to the 80/100 tracks in the playlist, there is still a small drag problem, especially when downloading a track, it drags some on its way.

- It would be a very important step if, in the event of an unexpected CPU blackout (power outage or unexpected Restart), the program resumes from where it was last time. In my case, yesterday the program returned to one of my first configurations 4 years ago and we had to manually load the last backup.

- In my RB There is still a small flicker on certain programmed tracks and on the album cover.
- It has happened to me that after days of not restarting RB the program becomes slow and hangs when opening file explorer, settings, preferences, etc. This did not happen to me before, or I am using the RB version wrong. I use the x64 version, WINDOWS 10, I have 8gb of RAM, 3.90 GHz.

If you have Start/End points set, it should consider those, if not and the silence is auto-removed, then not.

It's about complexity, checking 4+ sweepers will take more time and multiplied by the number of blocks can result in very long time that it takes to build all the blocks.
I understand.
It would not be a good idea to analyze all these points and save them in a kind of cache. It would take much less time to generate the blocks, and it would solve this problem.
I am referring to both advertisements and sweapers

It's weird, as I said you don't see any plugin, not even the ones that RadioBOSS brings by default in the x64 version.
The plugins that are shipped with RadioBOSS are internal plugins and are not supposed to be listed anywhere.

Anyone else using Windows 11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.348 x64 bits who can shed light on this issue?
We have tested it on Windows 11 (I'm not sure what the exact version number was) and it was working properly, Stereo Tool plugin was loaded. Please try using the VST 64-bit version if you use 64-bit RadioBOSS, it should work.

if they are going to launch a new version of RB I think it might be time to adapt it to the new OS
There's nothing to adapt in RadioBOSS, it's already fully compatible with Windows 11. Maybe some external modules could have some problems, but core of RB does not require any adjustments.

- very close to the 80/100 tracks in the playlist, there is still a small drag problem, especially when downloading a track, it drags some on its way.
I recall this was reported before, but we were never able to reproduce it.

- It would be a very important step if, in the event of an unexpected CPU blackout (power outage or unexpected Restart), the program resumes from where it was last time. In my case, yesterday the program returned to one of my first configurations 4 years ago and we had to manually load the last backup.
It saves the state to the disk. If the data on the disk is lost, RadioBOSS can do nothing about it. Of course we can implement some complex system like saving settings to the cloud - but I doubt that this feature is really needed by users. If you want to avoid data loss, use UPS.

- In my RB There is still a small flicker on certain programmed tracks and on the album cover.
This is another bug were were not able to reproduce here. We have really tried :)

- It has happened to me that after days of not restarting RB the program becomes slow and hangs when opening file explorer, settings, preferences, etc. This did not happen to me before, or I am using the RB version wrong. I use the x64 version, WINDOWS 10, I have 8gb of RAM, 3.90 GHz.
I check some instances that run for many months and there's no slowdown. If you use plugins, they could be the cause.

It would not be a good idea to analyze all these points and save them in a kind of cache. It would take much less time to generate the blocks, and it would solve this problem.
I am referring to both advertisements and sweapers
If you process tracks using the Music Library (or use the makelibrary command that performs processing) you can automatically get the Start/End points set - in this case, they will not require track re-scan and sweepers will work faster.

In case of 4 sweepers (or more) in a block, there would be much more permutations compared to 3 sweepers, and it can significantly slow down block creation process. I've added it to the to-do list, we'll try to find some solution for this in one of the next updates.

We have tested it on Windows 11 (I'm not sure what the exact version number was) and it was working properly, Stereo Tool plugin was loaded. Please try using the VST 64-bit version if you use 64-bit RadioBOSS, it should work.

I use ST Winamp/DSP plug-in version, it is an executable that installs a .dll and it is DSP (not VST).

So far I have been testing all the previous versions in silence because I did not find anything new to contribute.

This time I mentioned that because I really don't know what happens that the plugins are not listed.

I am currently using 32-bit version and it works fine, although I suppose that having an OS and a 64-bit processor x64 version would work more fluently.

I am currently using 32-bit version and it works fine, although I suppose that having an OS and a 64-bit processor x64 version would work more fluently.
There are no practical differences - RadioBOSS does not require huge amounts of memory and there's also no measurable speed difference. If 32-bit version works for you, stay with it.

Winamp DSP version will not work with 64-bit RadioBOSS because all Winamp DSP plugins are 32-bit and can't be loaded into 64-bit host application. Also there's quality degradation because Winamp DSP plugins use 16-bit integer while all processing in RadioBOSS and VST use 32-bit floating point data.

Winamp DSP version will not work with 64-bit RadioBOSS because all Winamp DSP plugins are 32-bit and can't be loaded into 64-bit host application. Also there's quality degradation because Winamp DSP plugins use 16-bit integer while all processing in RadioBOSS and VST use 32-bit floating point data.

Ok. Thank you for the clear and complete technical information that I was not aware of.

So I should use 32 bit VST, 64 bit would not work on RadioBoss right?

Stereo tool offers me 4 versions of VST, which one would work best?

VST 2 plugin for 32 bit hosts
VST 2 plugin for 64 bit hosts
VST 3 plugin for 32 bit hosts
VST 3 plugin for 64 bit hosts

The plugin and RadioBOSS must have the same architecture. If you use 64-bit RadioBOSS, then plugins must also be 64-bit. Same goes for 32 bits. RadioBOSS only supports VST2. VST3 is not supported.

para cargar videos en una lista de reproducción, se abre una ventana y comienza a exiliarse y el video y la lista de reproducción no se pueden reproducir y la pantalla del video se vuelve negra

una sugerencia más podría incluir el reproductor auxiliar, puede controlar el volumen de forma independiente

Good evening to all
I read all your messages and saw that there are many VSTs not shown on x64. From a test I did, you can convert dll x32 to x64 with the jBridget tool ( https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/ ) costs only 15 € and works fine.
I converted JB Broadcast and it works perfectly.
I would also like to say to the RB administrators, the changes are very good and the new tools help a lot, like input 3. I did not find a problem with 6.1.0.4 elsewhere
Thanks.
Sorry if my English is not good!

Looks not many people using this round of betas so we are not getting many beta updates. This is good the program runs just fine for most uses

para cargar videos
Please write in English.

In fact, for future versions you could add support for VST3, which is an improved version of the classic VST2. ;)
We have tried it but there were some technical issues with it - I don't recall what exactly. Maybe we'll do another try sometime in the future. It won't affect the sound quality anyway.

Looks not many people using this round of betas so we are not getting many beta updates. This is good the program runs just fine for most uses
This beta is different because most of the features were added in the first release - compared to previous betas where we released it before all features were ready. We have also revised the code so the overall quality is improved, resulting in fewer bugs and other issues.

Hello, I have noticed that the "Produce silent output when nothing is playing" option no longer works for FLAC streams, after a maximum of 10 seconds the connection is still interrupted. Unfortunately, I don't know whether this is a bug of the new versions or not, because I just noticed it.

to load videos into a playlist, a window opens and begins to exile and the video and playlist cannot be played and the video screen goes black

one more suggestion could include the auxiliary player, you can control the volume independently

I have noticed that the "Produce silent output when nothing is playing" option no longer works for FLAC streams, after a maximum of 10 seconds the connection is still interrupted. Unfortunately, I don't know whether this is a bug of the new versions or not, because I just noticed it.
This option doesn't work properly sometimes, I guess we'll remove it in the future. Anyway, there's little point in streaming silence.

to load videos into a playlist, a window opens and begins to exile and the video and playlist cannot be played and the video screen goes black
Yes, this happens sometimes - we'll fix it soon.

one more suggestion could include the auxiliary player, you can control the volume independently
There's volume slider in the AUX player, you can use it to control its playback volume.

Back