RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callum said:
I'm using Safari on MacOS and it doesn't seem to be possible to save any changes made to the settings. When the save button is clicked, it just comes up with "loading" next to the save button but nothing actually happens. I left it for around 10 minutes just to make sure, but came back to exactly the same screen.
We'll check what could be wrong with it, this should be fixed in the next update.

Callum said:
So far, I have created a "jingles" folder, and under the jingles section of the file types I have set it to that folder, and checked the "Do not send broadcast title" option. Does this mean that for all files in the jingles folder, it will not send the metadata for those tracks? Does it also include subfolders of the jingles folder? Do the files have to be named or tagged a certain way for this to work properly?
It works for the jingles folder itself and all files in this folder or any other subfolder. The file names do not matter.

Will additional file type options such as "Treat File as a Voice Track" and the option to play background music during a track (such as weather bed) be available in the near future?

RBUser2010 said:
Will additional file type options such as "Treat File as a Voice Track" and the option to play background music during a track (such as weather bed) be available in the near future?
Yes, why not :) The next update will offer arbitrary number of file types. I think it will also offer some additional options.

I have my news broadcast set to play every hour, however on a weekend I have a couple of shows where I ideally don't want the news to play. Is there a way to basically say "play this event every 60 minutes apart from 8PM-11PM? for example?

Apologies again as I feel like I'm being a bit thick here, but I'm struggling to understand the different insert type options in the scheduler even after reading the guide a couple of times. In what cases should the different options be used for?

A feature that recognizes and automatically deletes duplicate uploaded tracks would be great. Because I have accidentally uploaded some tracks with me several times and thus lost some of the overview.

Callum said:
I have my news broadcast set to play every hour, however on a weekend I have a couple of shows where I ideally don't want the news to play. Is there a way to basically say "play this event every 60 minutes apart from 8PM-11PM? for example?
Yes, this is possible - set the event start time to 8PM, enable the "Repeat every" feature, set 60 minutes period and limit it to 4 repeats.

Callum said:
Apologies again as I feel like I'm being a bit thick here, but I'm struggling to understand the different insert type options in the scheduler even after reading the guide a couple of times. In what cases should the different options be used for?
It depends on what you want to achieve.
"Replace playlist" will clear the playlist window completely and load the event, this is typically used when you switch playlists e.g. between morning/day/evening so that you're sure there's no unwanted tracks left in the playlist. "Queue after playing track" will simply insert the event after the currently playing track. Can be used for station IDs, for instance.
"Replace scheduled tracks" will remove other scheduled tracks from the playlist but will leave regular tracks. Useful if you want to interrupt some scheduled show and play something else.
"Queue after scheduled tracks" will queue events one after another - you can have multiple TOTH events that are scheduled like 1 second apart, :00 starts the TOTH jingle, the :01 event starts the news, and using this option you can queue those one after another.

thedavidonair said:
A feature that recognizes and automatically deletes duplicate uploaded tracks would be great. Because I have accidentally uploaded some tracks with me several times and thus lost some of the overview.
Checking for duplicates based on file name is not reliable (there can be multiple tracks with names like "Track01.mp3") and may give lots of false positives. While checking if the actual audio content is reliable but is too resource consuming, so technically this is not a good thing to add.

With the latest bunch of tracks I uploaded, I can see there are two errors. How can I see what exactly those errors were and on what files? I noticed recently that a few of my tracks had incorrect tags, so I took most of my library down, fixed them and then added them again, could that have something to do with it? 

Callum said:
With the latest bunch of tracks I uploaded, I can see there are two errors. How can I see what exactly those errors were and on what files?
You can see the details (name of the file and error message text) if you hover the errors number in the upload window.

Callum said:
I noticed recently that a few of my tracks had incorrect tags, so I took most of my library down, fixed them and then added them again, could that have something to do with it? 
You can edit the tags directly in RadioBOSS Cloud, in the Media, click the Tag Editor button in the file list - it edits the tag for the currently selected track in the file list.

I regularly use the search function. What I would wish, however, that only the searched tracks are listed. Currently all are still displayed but only the searched tracks are marked.

thedavidonair said:
I regularly use the search function. What I would wish, however, that only the searched tracks are listed. Currently all are still displayed but only the searched tracks are marked.
Thank you for your input! We'll rework the search feature soon, and it will show only the found tracks. It will also be possible to search across all folders, not just the selected one.

Any new updates for RadioBOSS Cloud for October? I know it was said that by October we will see some new improvements...any idea when these will be live?

RBUser2010 said:
Any new updates for RadioBOSS Cloud for October? I know it was said that by October we will see some new improvements...any idea when these will be live?
Yes, there will be two updates with new features in October. Currently they are under development. Some updates require lots of internal changes therefore sometimes the period between updates can be increased.

Hello.

I know I already asked about this in the old thread.  But, I would like to use the code you provide in the integration section.  However, only one code is working if I use all of them in the same page.  (I currently have 2 streams with Radioboss cloud.).

In the past you told me to use Frames and that should work.  My problem is I have a wordpress site so it does not support frames.

What can be done so I can have for example the recently played list of two Radioboss Cloud streams on the same page in Wordpress?

Greetings

gaetanlabrecque said:
I know I already asked about this in the old thread.  But, I would like to use the code you provide in the integration section.  However, only one code is working if I use all of them in the same page.  (I currently have 2 streams with Radioboss cloud.).

In the past you told me to use Frames and that should work.  My problem is I have a wordpress site so it does not support frames.
We'll update the widgets to allow using multiple widgets on one page with no conflicts. Please wait when an update with such a feature is released.

Bug?

General crossfade settings

Trigger mix change at level  -12 dB
But after save and then go back in menu I see that the level change to 0.2 dB

Happysound said:
Bug?

General crossfade settings

Trigger mix change at level  -12 dB
But after save and then go back in menu I see that the level change to 0.2 dB
This appears to be the way the controls work, you should use arrows to set the level, in this case it will save properly. We'll find a solution for this in one of the next updates.

I saw the radio boss cloud was updated to version 0.4.7.1. Is there a changelog that has been changed or fixed with version 0.4.7.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back