Saving tags for Opus?

Ron

Can you please add the ability to save opus tags if possible thanks a lot? Also how do I change the metadata so it says something like WBGS Radio and then my slogan instead of the music?

WBGS-Founder said:
Can you please add the ability to save opus tags if possible thanks a lot? Also how do I change the metadata so it says something like WBGS Radio and then my slogan instead of the music?
OPUS tag editor will be added in the future. For the metadata - open Settings->Broadcast and you can change broadcasting title there.

WBGS-Founder said:
I have but server not changing at all kinda weird.
It affects playing song title, you can also change other fields like station name etc.

I bhave but the server is not reconizing its change can you tell? here is a link for you to test. http://wbgs-radio.dlinkddns.com:1986/live.opus.m3u

WBGS-Founder said:
I bhave but the server is not reconizing its change can you tell? here is a link for you to test. http://wbgs-radio.dlinkddns.com:1986/live.opus.m3u
Currently it doesn't send metadata for OPUS streams.

I hope in the future you add this cause this is what I bought this for opus.

WBGS-Founder said:
I hope in the future you add this cause this is what I bought this for opus.
OPUS support was added recently (in the previous release). Eventually, this year I think, it will be possible to edit tags.

Well I would to be able to send metadata and edit tags with this software if not then no point to running it you know as Opus is now the best codec for radio no joke.

WBGS-Founder said:
Well I would to be able to send metadata and edit tags with this software if not then no point to running it you know as Opus is now the best codec for radio no joke.
Icecast and Shoutcast servers doesn't support metadata for OPUS, therefore RB is not able to update metadata for it.

OPUS is not the best if we talk about compatibility. There are still very few software programs which support it. Web players/browsers also do not support OPUS yet.

Well to be honest opus is now the best and you right but foobar2000 convert to opus and support it also aimp3 support it and those are the 2 main programs people use so yeah and every thing online supports it html5 even flash players support it so yea I think its more supported that aac/acc and ogg over all.

Well, as I said opus is now supported by the main players we download so no excuse for lack of support, but I do understand its new, and no development is done that much on them, so I'll wait until more is on opus.

WBGS-Founder said:
Well, as I said opus is now supported by the main players we download so no excuse for lack of support, but I do understand its new, and no development is done that much on them, so I'll wait until more is on opus.
It's servers which do not support it yet. Icecast can't update metadata for OPUS streams. There are some workarounds but I don't think we should implement them in RadioBOSS - for several reasons.

Well, the latest version works fine no joke but I hope you get more support on this or I won't be using this software much longer at least allow us to put WBGS Radio there in place of metadata if possible.

WBGS-Founder said:
Well, the latest version works fine no joke but I hope you get more support on this or I won't be using this software much longer at least allow us to put WBGS Radio there in place of metadata if possible.
Icecast doesn't support metadata for OPUS. You can check it for yourself: login to admin panel in Icecast and click Update Metadata - you'll see an error message saying it's not possible for OPUS streams.

What version huh that latest stable if so that normal as they adding support I use the beta version only and thats it so yea all I am sayign si I hope in the future you do support this even when the next version comes out casur the devs tell em it's supported so yeah, and I was just there the other day asking about this. Just your program don't show any names at all for opus songs so there is your metadata issue. Opus supports metadata and its proven below from the devs so yeah through ogg.

Attachments

• Opus supports Metadata.png
    Opus supports Metadata.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 376
Yes, OPUS itself supports metadata - I say that it's broadcasting servers (e.g. Icecast) which do not support it yet.

To be honest proves you're wrong so yeah so in fact its not opus and icecast you just don't support it or don't want to any ways I am not gona argue over it not supporting metadata when devs clearly say it does just be honest and say your not supporting it right now but makes no sense not to support this when this codec is new and better than all the ones out there.

Back