REQUEST: playrequestedsong from API

flyairtuga

Hi.

I'm starting a 4 hour show where people sends Song Requests from my online playlist, and the only way to auto add then to the on-air playlist is by scheduler.
But this event has two side-backs:
[list type=decimal]
[*]It blinks the "event warning" every minute.
[*]The report file gets huge after a few hours.
[/list]
My request is to alow the command "playrequestedsong" be received by API to automaticly add the requests as soon as they arrive, avoiding the "event warning" and save some disc space / file size of the report.
As other option to my request, is to add a silent mode to "playrequestedsong" event.

SPOTTED BUG (version 5.3):
When sending "play now song" info through HTTP request feature, html enteties are not encoded and if a Track variable has '&' in it, it breaks the 'GET VAR' and generates severe errors on client side.

Thanks!

Pilot said:
I'm starting a 4 hour show where people sends Song Requests from my online playlist, and the only way to auto add then to the on-air playlist is by scheduler.
But this event has two side-backs:
[list type=decimal]
[*]It blinks the "event warning" every minute.
[*]The report file gets huge after a few hours.
[/list]
Yes, it can be a problem indeed. We'll add an option to prevent this from happening (turn off event notifications in report and blinking) - this will also be useful for other technical events like updating ads blocks, etc. Thanks for the suggestion!

Pilot said:
My request is to alow the command "playrequestedsong" be received by API to automaticly add the requests as soon as they arrive, avoiding the "event warning" and save some disc space / file size of the report.
As other option to my request, is to add a silent mode to "playrequestedsong" event.
You can perform the playrequestedsong command from the Remote Control API: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/remote_controlapi.htm (the computer where you run RadioBOSS either have to have a static IP address, or you need to use some sort of dyn-ip).

Pilot said:
SPOTTED BUG (version 5.3):
When sending "play now song" info through HTTP request feature, html enteties are not encoded and if a Track variable has '&' in it, it breaks the 'GET VAR' and generates severe errors on client side.
Thanks for reporting! I'd suggest you to try the latest update, may be the bug is not there anymore (anyway, I've added this bug to the list, so event if it's there, we'll fix it soon).

Back