(N.) cart wall & key command press

NICKY G DJ said:
Yes there is the tick "delete the repeat track after the next" ... but it is always not very functional and manual .. if I forget to click repeat track while on the air I go to the next track while the speaker is on the air.
I don't see why it's manual - you only enable it when it's needed and it's disabled automatically when you go to the next track.

NICKY G DJ said:
Having already preset the various traces automatically I already know how they behave on the air and I have less risk.
There is a huge risk to accidentally get such a track with "loop" attribute in the playlist and have the same song repeated over and over again until someone switches it to the next track (remember that RadioBOSS's main purpose is unattended operation). Features like this must not exist in such a software, this is absolute evil.

djsoft said:
Features like this must not exist in such a software, this is absolute evil.

and then forgive me "I AM NOT ABLE TO EXPLAIN AND TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF FUNCTION", also because obviously you have a different conception of the use.

My fault!

The general idea is to not have features that can possibly lead to serious problems on air.

djsoft said:
The general idea is to not have features that can possibly lead to serious problems on air.

I understand, but I do not see how the problem can be.

Watch just a few hours ago I discovered how to do this, but clearly it is still a complicated operation (feasible ok, but not quick to use).

practically:
the repeat track command must have checked - turn off after next track always

I can create a scheduler, or various schedulers where I load the mp3 file with the loop, and activate a set repeat_track = on command, followed by an mp3 file (to be looped), so when I press next the repeat track is removed by itself .

clearly the "always" check is active delete played tracks from the playlist

I hope I explained to you how it should work.

here is such a thing should be possible to apply it to the "established" tracks without doing all these steps of "programming", or rather the programming of the command must be decided at the software level, the operator must decide whether or not this thing.

NICKY G DJ said:
here is such a thing should be possible to apply it to the "established" tracks
And then "looped" track accidentally get to the playlist, like, from Playlist Generator and, surprising everyone, when station runs in unattended mode, it plays one track over and over again. No, features like this should not exist, not in RadioBOSS :) Maybe in some other software, but RadioBOSS is targeted mostly for unattended, automated operation, so this is not an option.

djsoft said:
And then "looped" track accidentally get to the playlist, like, from Playlist Generator and, surprising everyone, when station runs in unattended mode, it plays one track over and over again. No, features like this should not exist, not in RadioBOSS :) Maybe in some other software, but RadioBOSS is targeted mostly for unattended, automated operation, so this is not an option.

then maybe I can not explain myself well.

1. The LOOP properties should not be applied to music songs, nor in track tools, so there is no risk that the playlist generator can load and play this file as a piece of music.
2. The LOOP property must be applied either to specific "file type", called LOOP, or this is a property applicable at the playlist creation level, then in that specific playlist and to that specific file within the playlist there is that loop function.

the concerns you highlight in using the feature are right, for your way of seeing and using the software, but I have a broader view of the thing.

however I think the LOOP function should be added as check in the "file type" properties panel, because in these properties it is possible to specify other settings such as the track volume. So think also to expand other useful functions here inside.

This is not a feature that should be in RadioBOSS. The looped file type has even more problems that a looped file - there are lots of cases when file types are not properly configured and some music tracks are then incorrectly recognized as belonging to a file type.

Back