Streamarchive config

I'm confused about the correct use of the streamarchive config menu. If I have two different recordings to make and each gets saved in a separate directory location, do I use the config menu plus the streamarchive on scheduler command, or do I specify the paths in the scheduler command (streamarchive z:\AUDIO\myshow.mp3)?
Can I use flac for one scheduled command and mp3 for another, or should they always be the same (as specified in the streamarchive config menu)?

I also find the red button confusing and illogical. Most recording devices light the button red when recording and black when off. Can this be changed in a future version? Even a slow flashing red button would better indicate recording has begun!

It always uses the encoder settings as specified in the Stream Archive window. You should also always specify the file path in the streamarchive command if you write to different locations, to ensure it's saved to the correct location.

I also find the red button confusing and illogical. Most recording devices light the button red when recording and black when off. Can this be changed in a future version? Even a slow flashing red button would better indicate recording has begun!
The red button is "Record" button to start recording, it becomes the black "Stop" button after the recording is started so you can stop it. It can be confusing to see the red light when it's not recording and black one when it's active but I don't see how this can be changed in a good way. Probably a different UI would be better e.g. somewhere in the corner to show its state, how much already recorded etc. I have added it to the feature list for the future.

Back