RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Staff member
Last edited:
Can you make something similar to Radio.co to automate live broadcasts?

https://radio.co/product-tour/broadcast-live

Create an event > Select a dj > Record automatically and add an option to rebroadcast the show or an option to upload directly to mixcloud/soundcloud account.

jordelquino said:
Create an event > Select a dj > Record automatically and add an option to rebroadcast the show or an option to upload directly to mixcloud/soundcloud account.
I think something like that will be possible in the future. We will offer stream recording soon, and recorded files can be played on air.

Hello

I already love this service.

Two things I would like to add.
- Possibility to download files we uploaded in Media
- Possibility to insert a teaser

Greetings

gaetanlabrecque said:
I already love this service.
Thank you! :)

gaetanlabrecque said:
- Possibility to download files we uploaded in Media
Can you please provide an example use case when downloading a file would be useful?

gaetanlabrecque said:
- Possibility to insert a teaser
This will be possible soon, planned for one of the October updates.

Hello.

The main reason I would like to download files is because I bought .mp3 files, then uploaded them to my media on radioboss Cloud.

I forgot to keep a backup copy locally of my .mp3 (I know this is my fault).

So this is why.

Also, I saw that shoutcast support is coming, do you know when we will be able to take shoutcast streams.  My players work best with shoutcast than icecast.

Greetings

gaetanlabrecque said:
The main reason I would like to download files is because I bought .mp3 files, then uploaded them to my media on radioboss Cloud.

I forgot to keep a backup copy locally of my .mp3 (I know this is my fault).
Thank you for usage example. We'll consider adding this feature in the future.

gaetanlabrecque said:
Also, I saw that shoutcast support is coming, do you know when we will be able to take shoutcast streams.  My players work best with shoutcast than icecast.
The feature is currently being tested, so it should be available soon, I think within a month.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.4.7 beta

What's new
  • Additional encoders guide: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/additional-encoders/
  • Server time is shown on the top-right corner
  • Fixed bugs in the "Recent tracks" list
  • Auto-login link in the welcome email

Hello, I congratulate you for this great project.
I leave my contribution: I would like the transition from autodj to a live broadcast to be clean. I can not find a way to do it.

When I start broadcasting from RadioBOSS, I would like the autodj to fade out what is currently playing. Then there should be a pause of all the programmed events EXCEPT for those events that have the option OP (Overlay playback).

When the transmission ends from RadioBOSS, the autoDJ should automatically reorder the events and return transparently from the beginning the first track available, and all scheduled events continue as they were. Except those who should have been suspended for the live broadcast.

Currently, when I start broadcasting, I must manually stop the playlist and try to make the transition from live to autodj. It is not easy to do it and it looks good. I also see that if I do not stop the playlist, it continues.

I leave my contribution and again congratulate them for this great project.

Thank you very much, friends!

Hello, First off I?ve been using RadioBoss since 2009?I tell everyone starting a new station that this is the BEST automation software out there! So thank you for such a great product!

We recently made the switch from running RadioBoss on the local side, to the NEW cloud ? very impressed! I realize this is new and developing for everyone who utilizes the cloud, but I also have found a few of the really important elements that are currently in RadioBoss, which are not offered in the cloud. Could you provide an update on whether these services can be offered?

? More File Types: Our station currently identify 20 different file types in RadioBoss which trigger special events (crossfades, programs, promos, jingles, etc.) so only having a few in the cloud becomes cumbersome on our listener experience right now.
? Track Segue Editor/Placing Cue Points (Intro?s/Outro?s)
? Hook Points for Teasers
? Option to Treat a File Type as a Voice Track
? The ability to upload files into our RadioBoss Cloud directly (FTP or something for shows which are downloaded from the providers and uploaded for our station)

Thanks again for the great software! We really look forward to what updates lie ahead for the Cloud! ;D

Hello

Thank you for your answer for Shoutcast support.  If I add more icecast stream now, will I be able to convert them to Shoutcast when available?

Or, can I help you test them?

Greetings

clanet said:
Currently, when I start broadcasting, I must manually stop the playlist and try to make the transition from live to autodj. It is not easy to do it and it looks good. I also see that if I do not stop the playlist, it continues.
You don't need to stop the stream, there's even no need to open the control panel at all to broadcast live. When you connect to the server, it will automatically mute the AutoDJ and play the live stream. When you disconnect, it will return to AutoDJ. This is performed with fades, so the transition is smooth and fully automatic.

clanet said:
When the transmission ends from RadioBOSS, the autoDJ should automatically reorder the events and return transparently from the beginning the first track available
When live stream is connected, the events and playlist in AutoDJ continues to run as it was. But it's all muted, so the listeners only hear the live stream. This is by design, and is made to ensure that when the live transmission ends, AutoDJ will continue playing what it's supposed to be playing at the moment.

But the topic you've brought is interesting, and there is a field for improvement. I think we can pause the AutoDJ when live stream is active, so music tracks won't play (and won't be added to repeat protection list).

RBUser2010 said:
First off I?ve been using RadioBoss since 2009?I tell everyone starting a new station that this is the BEST automation software out there! So thank you for such a great product!
Thank you for the good words! Can we add this to our testimonials page?

RBUser2010 said:
I realize this is new and developing for everyone who utilizes the cloud, but I also have found a few of the really important elements that are currently in RadioBoss, which are not offered in the cloud.
Yes, currently it only offers a subset of features that the main RadioBOSS has, but gradually it'll have more and more features. File types (any number), teasers and FTP is what we have planned for the near future, most of those features will be available before the end of the year. The Segue Editor will take longer, given that it has many flaws in RadioBOSS itself so it has to be fixed there first.

gaetanlabrecque said:
Thank you for your answer for Shoutcast support.  If I add more icecast stream now, will I be able to convert them to Shoutcast when available?
The Shoutcast support will be an additional feature and all accounts will have it once it's ready. The Icecast will still remain as the main server software (there are legal and technical reasons for it). So you can safely order as many accounts as you wish :)

Would be great a calendar and event planner similar to Airtime. https://www.airtime.pro/features/

calendar-1024x381.png

djsoft said:
RBUser2010 said:
First off I?ve been using RadioBoss since 2009?I tell everyone starting a new station that this is the BEST automation software out there! So thank you for such a great product!
Thank you for the good words! Can we add this to our testimonials page?

Absolutely!

Additionally, will we be able to use (upload/download) VST Plugin's (like Stereo Tool) via our RB Cloud?

Also how do I upgrade my current cloud to include more encoders or GBs?

Hi,

I'm using Safari on MacOS and it doesn't seem to be possible to save any changes made to the settings. When the save button is clicked, it just comes up with "loading" next to the save button but nothing actually happens. I left it for around 10 minutes just to make sure, but came back to exactly the same screen.

I tried making the same changes in Chrome and that worked fine and saved the settings straight away, so just seems to be an issue with Safari. Other functions, such as creating folders, seem to work fine in both browsers, but everything is working as expected in Chrome so I'm just using that for now to be on the safe side. :)

I'm using a screen reader and that doesn't seem to be picking up any error messages once I click save in Safari, so as far as I' aware there aren't any, but it's possible that the screen reader just isn't reading them.

Could someone explain to me how exactly the file type settings work?

So far, I have created a "jingles" folder, and under the jingles section of the file types I have set it to that folder, and checked the "Do not send broadcast title" option. Does this mean that for all files in the jingles folder, it will not send the metadata for those tracks? Does it also include subfolders of the jingles folder? Do the files have to be named or tagged a certain way for this to work properly?

jordelquino said:
Would be great a calendar and event planner similar to Airtime
The scheduler will not be changed, but we may be adding a feature that shows when the events will run on week days.

RBUser2010 said:
Additionally, will we be able to use (upload/download) VST Plugin's (like Stereo Tool) via our RB Cloud?
This will not be possible for security reasons, as uploaded VST plugins are essentially a software so it can do anything on the server. We may be offering pre-installed plugins in the future, but currently I can't say for sure when/if that is going to happen. A simple sound processing (compressor/equalizer) will be added in the near future.

RBUser2010 said:
Also how do I upgrade my current cloud to include more encoders or GBs?
You can write to support@radioboss.fm to request the change. Later it will be possible to change the streaming plan from the control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back