Re: RadioBOSS 5.1 [beta] (RadioBOSS x64)

Ron

Why do I need 64bit cause I am on a 64bit PC and this would run better on my machine for real.

This is a completely NOT true .

How better will be a mixing and rotating of music on a 64 bit ? Don`t expect to be "faster" as you think . It will be totally the same as in 32 bits ? Don`t push RB developers to make nonsense . There are already a lot of bugs/things to be done.
They can compile a 64 bit version but why ? On 64 bit OS, 32 bit apps runs just fine . I try different operations on 32 and respectively on 64 bit OS . Believe me there is no difference . Don`t expect any "faster" .
I`m starting to think that 64 bit are impemented only for more amount of RAM. But for increasing the speed - please ... don`t make me laugh

for more info go to : http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/windows/32-bit-versus-64-bit-performance/

And look how the artice ends ?

Surprise!

When clock speed is held constant, 64-bit computers are not faster than 32-bit computers at everything!

WBGS-Founder said:
Why do I need 64bit cause I am on a 64bit PC and this would run better on my machine for real.
There's no difference unless software needs to allocate more than 4GB of RAM. As RadioBOSS doesn't consume such a large amount of memory, 64 bits won't give any benefit.

klinsoft said:
This is a completely NOT true .

How better will be a mixing and rotating of music on a 64 bit?  Don`t  expect to be "faster" as you think . It will be totally the same as in 32 bits ? Don`t push RB developers to make nonsense . There are already a lot of bugs/things to be done.
They can compile a 64 bit version but why ? On 64 bit OS, 32 bit apps runs just fine . I try different operations on 32 and respectively on 64 bit OS . Believe me there is no difference . Don`t expect any "faster" .
I`m starting to think that 64 bit are impemented only for more amount of RAM. But for increasing the speed - please ... don`t make me laugh

for more info go to : http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/windows/32-bit-versus-64-bit-performance/

And look how the artice ends ?

Surprise!

When clock speed is held constant, 64-bit computers are not faster than 32-bit computers at everything!

You are funny very very funny indeed I never said speed I said it will run better as I am on 64bit not 32 your Prolly not gona complain cause you're on 32? Now what's stupid is a little alignments that you can't live with lol. I can say this the program runs good for now but I am not gona go to a 32bit OS and not get the advantage of my ram any ways I made a valid point I just hope RB never uses more than 40mb of ram because if this 64bit that prolly would have helped in the last version since i am on 64bit and it was lagging on 32bit.

DJsoft tells you very clean that if program consumes more tnat 4GB ( damn that program ) then 64 bit will be "some difference" ? Are you reading well ? or not ? Leave me how funny i am ?! NOTHING will run "BETTER" on 64 bit , you bit hungry "USER" . Have you ever someone told you that you are so fickle.

I don`t like this , i don`t like that ... give me 64 bit . Hey man , do yourself a program like this and then make it like you want (if you want make it 256 bit) , OK? Developers are choosing not to have 64 bit ( BECAUSE IT`S USELESS for a mixing and rotating music).... is that hard to realize ?
And yes , i help about the good looking of the program , there is nothing wrong on that, right ?

klinsoft said:
DJsoft tells you very clean that if program consumes more tnat 4GB ( damn that program ) then 64 bit will be "some difference" ? Are you reading well ? or not ? Leave me how funny i am ?! NOTHING will run "BETTER" on 64 bit , you bit hungry "USER" . Have you ever someone told you that you are so fickle.

I don`t like this , i don`t like that ... give me 64 bit . Hey man , do yourself a program like this and then make it like you want (if you want make it 256 bit) , OK? Developers are choosing not to have 64 bit ( BECAUSE IT`S USELESS for a mixing and rotating music).... is that hard to realize ?
And yes , i help about the good looking of the program , there is nothing wrong on that, right ?

Your the one getting all cocky not me I just replied and now you played defense huh I am confused I am also throwing out ideas and i did post one post where I said I dont kiss but i am here to better the program so yeah the playlist got better did it not? Also I have 2 processors not 1 2 Xeons so yeah 64bit would be wise IMHO. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Nothing else but to respect the developers ... that`s all man .
I like the RB - very light program, functional because of all the people that are here . But there must be some kind of a line that cannot be crossed. That is why i`m a bit diaspointed because you are not listening what the developers are telling you.
Nothing else .

There is respect then there is just someone  kissing, but I have two cups that don't work well on 32bit so I use 64bit cause I have a workstation PC this is all the issue's threading and stuff so yeah I never new proposition of 64bit ment, I disrespected the dev sorry if I did I will stop giving advice and only report bugs when i see them via the program any how thanks for great software laters.

WBGS-Founder said:
I said it will run better as I am on 64bit not 32
It will run exactly the same. No difference at all.
We do not provide 64 bit version for two main reasons:
1. we do not want to confuse users with two downloads
2. there's no point: 64-bit version doesn't give any benefit as RB doesn't need a lot of RAM to operate

WBGS-Founder said:
I can say this the program runs good for now but I am not gona go to a 32bit OS
You don't need 32 bit OS to run RadioBOSS - it works on any Windows, 32 and 64 bit. Actually, all the developments and most of the testing is done on 64 bit OS'es.

WBGS-Founder said:
since i am on 64bit and it was lagging on 32bit.
It's not 32/64 bit issue. As I said before, it's something wrong with your PC, that's why it lags. No other users report the "lagging" problems and we can't reproduce it here...

WBGS-Founder said:
Also I have 2 processors not 1 2 Xeons so yeah 64bit would be wise IMHO. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
No - architecture (32/64 bit) is not related to the number of CPUs.

It looks like an XY problem to me: http://meta.stackexchange.com/a/66378 - you have a problem (so called "lagging") and provide a solution (create a 64 bit version) which is incorrect. It would be much better if you just provide a detailed explanation on what doesn't work for you. And then we find a solution.

How is this possible when more than one-person  reports this, I was just saying this because I am running 2 xeons and your software is not ment for xeons so I was merely asking for support for my CPU its more like the software don't support a xeon rather than my PC is the issue so yeah? Also if my pc has better threading under 64bit and runs stuff better then i say 64bit all the way but so far it works ok now so ill just ride the wave and just test updates and not bother anyone anymore since my ideas are junk so yeah thansk for great software and laters.

WBGS-Founder said:
How is this possible when more than one-person  reports this, I was just saying this because I am running 2 xeons and your software is not ment for xeons so I was merely asking for support for my CPU its more like the software don't support a xeon rather than my PC is the issue so yeah?
All CPUs have the same instruction set, this is standardized - we don't have to "support a CPU".

Ok weird but ok I think my last post was I am done with reporting here cause everything  I say is all my faults any ways thanks for the fix's guys if I find issues I'll try to send in bug reports here are my specs once again.

2x5130's Xeon 2.0ghz cpus
6gig ecc ddr2 ram not normal ram ecc so big difference than what you are using.
ati radeon HD5770
2x1TB HDD's one is a workstation Raptor over 10,000rpm.

My PC is an issue huh how so when other apps run fine like Waterfox 64 runs very smooth also if in your case nothing matters why spend 3 grand on hardware it don't matter in your case you know?

WBGS-Founder said:
Ok weird but ok I think my last post was I am done with reporting here cause everything  I say is all my faults any ways thanks for the fix's guys if I find issues I'll try to send in bug reports here are my specs once again.

2x5130's Xeon 2.0ghz cpus
6gig ecc ddr2 ram not normal ram ecc so big difference than what you are using.
ati radeon HD5770
2x1TB HDD's one is a workstation Raptor over 10,000rpm.

My PC is an issue huh how so when other apps run fine like Waterfox 64 runs very smooth.
Well, from the bug reports you've sent it looks like the problem is with your PC. In favor of this theory we also have the fact: no other users have same problems. Hardware is OK but it can be some software you have installed which makes things go wrong.

If RadioBOSS crashes for you then you should at least try running it without any 3rd party plugins.

Affer the playlist performance was improved, is there anything else which doesn't work for you?

WBGS-Founder said:
if in your case nothing matters why spend 3 grand on hardware it don't matter in your case you know?
It doesn't matter if RadioBOSS is 64 or 32 bit. You should have 64 bit OS if you want to use more than 4GB of RAM. You should have fast CPU/good amount of RAM if you want programs to run faster.

djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:
if in your case nothing matters why spend 3 grand on hardware it don't matter in your case you know?
It doesn't matter if RadioBOSS is 64 or 32 bit. You should have 64 bit OS if you want to use more than 4GB of RAM. You should have fast CPU/good amount of RAM if you want programs to run faster.
Well, your app can't take advantage of 64bit stuff and can't use more than 4gig, or it will just crash lol funny not trying to be an A** hole also there are features that my PC supports on 64bit your app dont support and cant take advantage of since your app is only 32bit better threading on 64bit is just one the compatibility with ecc ram, and my 2 cpus is another, but you say all hardware is the say so lets roll with 32bit for now by the way you should imagine how many people pass up this software cause, they want better performance eon 64bit not 32 and some will only run 64bit guess money don't talk.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Advantages-of-ECC-Memory-520/

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xosdfo_intel-xeon-1260l-lower-power-cpu-e1200-mitx-server-board-unboxing-first-look-linus-tech-tips_tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDO8TrfG5JQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpqBP7wSCG8

So I have 2 cups and therefore,  your spiking out both when doing certain task, which is very bad IMHO so yeah when I clearly reinstall and there are no apps at on my PC but RB, and it spikes my PC then we have an issue and this with loading songs in the play list, I don't think 32 is optimized for dual cpus well. .

I don't know what to tell you...
RadioBOSS doesn't need 64 bit because it doesn't need to address more than 4GB of memory. Why radio automation app would ever need such a large amount of memory?

ECC or non-ECC memory, it doesn't matter. RadioBOSS, as any other software (including Windows itself), works on any type of memory.

WBGS-Founder said:
they want better performance eon 64bit not 32 and some will only run 64bit guess money don't talk.
In terms of performance it's absolutely the same.

djsoft said:
I don't know what to tell you...
RadioBOSS doesn't need 64 bit because it doesn't need to address more than 4GB of memory. Why radio automation app would ever need such a large amount of memory?

ECC or non-ECC memory, it doesn't matter. RadioBOSS, as any other software (including Windows itself), works on any type of memory.

WBGS-Founder said:
they want better performance eon 64bit not 32 and some will only run 64bit guess money don't talk.
In terms of performance it's absolutely the same.

Yea but it's not just ram usages its the fact I have dual cpus and 32bit don't support it well, and this is why your program is lagging if you looked at your program on 64bit I bet it would not lag or have lag to a very very bare minimum my pc is totally different than yours i have a server machine 2 cpus not one so your not optimizing all my cpus good and a lot more sorry to tell you. Also teh easy fix for everyone is to blame my pc.

I have here 64-bit operating system in use by RadioBOSS 24 hours, and there is no problem.

I recommend that you make a video showing what the problem is.
Whenever I had a problem difficult to explain with a video could detect the problem

The issue is simple sure the play list is fixed, but the program uses too much CPU just to add songs to a playlist I have 2 cpus and this si spiking both out of the but at %99 a game does this not radio automatuion software? if developing on a VM fixes all your isses please develope everything on there.

I have dual core too. CPU is 64 bit itself but i`m using 32 bit OS . And absolutelly no 99% of CPU . When adding to playlist and calculating the time it uses no more than 15% cpu ( tipically 6-8... to 11% peak).

Back